"Brexit"

Old Mar 3rd 2016, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Brexit"

Originally Posted by Sancho
Not a lot there that wasn't already well known- I was an ex pat long before Britain joined the common market; and was able to acquire my rights on the basis of other treaties, albeit with a bit of a struggle. What seems to be being missed by those that support remaining is the profound effect that the EU is having on British common law, and system of governance.We all know that when an EU directive is issued, countries like Italy, Spain, Greece et al only apply it immediately if it suits them, otherwise implementation is delayed as long as possible. Whitehall tends to apply them with all their force immediately, thus ensuring that British entrepreneurs and citizens are further drawn in to the minotaurian labyrinth of Napoleonic and Roman law beaurocracy. Totally different from Common Law, Parliamentary Bills and Statutes, and natural justice. I've seen family businesses destroyed by just such directives and their red tape and paperwork. 'Out' I say, and the quicker the better.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 1:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
Not a lot there that wasn't already well known- I was an ex pat long before Britain joined the common market; and was able to acquire my rights on the basis of other treaties, albeit with a bit of a struggle. What seems to be being missed by those that support remaining is the profound effect that the EU is having on British common law, and system of governance.We all know that when an EU directive is issued, countries like Italy, Spain, Greece et al only apply it immediately if it suits them, otherwise implementation is delayed as long as possible. .....
Germany enforces new regulations with germanic efficiency, but only when they have been "enabled" by local legislation. However I hear Germany has one of the biggest and longest backlogs of EU directives that have not yet been converted into locally-enforceable laws.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Ononno - my understanding of your post is that the problem with the EU is the British implementation of the EU's rules. So blaming the EU for the British government seems rather unfair, or have I misunderstood?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Most members probably know about this petition, but some may not -

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/112142
Old Mar 7th 2016, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Added one. 88,000 to go.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

+2
Old Mar 8th 2016, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung
Ononno - my understanding of your post is that the problem with the EU is the British implementation of the EU's rules. So blaming the EU for the British government seems rather unfair, or have I misunderstood?
You misunderstood. The point being that if Britain was out of the EU the government would not be obliged to enforce these interferring directives.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

+1
Old Mar 8th 2016, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

+2
Old Mar 8th 2016, 10:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
+1
Originally Posted by Pica
+2
Me too.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

+ 4 (IN)
Old Mar 9th 2016, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as this issue affects so many of us, would it be possible to post this to other British Expat forums … not just the Italy one?

Is it necessary to post it to each forum separately or is there a way to do it in a oner?
Old Mar 13th 2016, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Donna Noble
Seeing as this issue affects so many of us, would it be possible to post this to other British Expat forums … not just the Italy one?

Is it necessary to post it to each forum separately or is there a way to do it in a oner?
I've been forwarding it to anyone I can think of, here or in the UK, who might want to sign it.

And I've just remembered THIS ARTICLE. It doesn't say which countries they live in, but I imagine there are a good few in Europe.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Legal action to delay the Brexit vote....
Brexit: expats launch High Court action that could delay referendum
Old Mar 16th 2016, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
Legal action to delay the Brexit vote….
Interesting article.

I also happened to read this today (that used the same photo!) - anyway it more or less sums up how I feel about the situation.

In the case of Brexit I will definitely feel sorry for my nieces and nephews who won't be able to enjoy the freedom to access the wider European experience in the future as I have done.

Unless of course the UK goes for the Norwegian model in which case it would have to agree to free movement of people anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.