Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Old Dec 16th 2020, 10:53 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Originally Posted by philat98
Where is this stated? I cannot see it on Jill Morris's facebook pages or on UK Gov Italy.
This document mentions dual nationals. Nothing about residents certificates.
https://www.britishineurope.org/page...ory-guides#GN2
Can't open the link at the moment, Philat. Dual nationals can't obtain w.a. cert. Been there, tried that. Or rather, my comune tried to give me one when I went for a different reason even though I hadn't ask for one.
Here's the link for UKgov/DWP, proof of residency pre-2021. We are covered by the W.A. but if we need to prove in the future, we won't have the cert. For me personally, the residency cert is the easiest option. I posted before, but in the wrong place. Hope it works as, again, public wifi and can't open it.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/benefits...or-switzerland

Last edited by 37100; Dec 16th 2020 at 10:55 am.
Old Dec 16th 2020, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I called the comune about this residents certificate this morning. They just want an email confirmation and a €16 bollo. As it is written in English it might just come in useful as a proof of address.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Gbinitaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I went to the comune and found out that a dual National cannot get this WA attestazione paper.
So now I’d like to know from i***t number 1 Mr Cameron ( and number 2 Boris) how a dual National can go through at airport border control without getting the UK passport stamped.
It’s not true that a stamp means nothing because basically it starts a clock for tourists ( the 90/180 days rule) so the next time you travel it can cause you trouble with border officials.
I’ve read about the residence certificate, but that’s only valid for 6 months and of course it doesn’t have any reference to the Withdrawal Agreement written on it and, correct me if I’m wrong, it doesn’t prove that you were resident before the end of transition period (which the WA attestazione does instead).

Last edited by Gbinitaly; Dec 30th 2020 at 1:18 am.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Your Italian ID card shows you were resident in Italy before 2021. You can travel with the Id card until October 2021.They might agree new rules by then. I doubt that Cameron or Johnson will be losing any sleep.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:39 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Your Italian ID card shows you were resident in Italy before 2021. You can travel with the Id card until October 2021.They might agree new rules by then. I doubt that Cameron or Johnson will be losing any sleep.
Sorry but I don't understand this post at all. A Brit has never been able to travel with an ID card because it says "non valido per l'espatrio" on the back of it.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Sorry but I don't understand this post at all. A Brit has never been able to travel with an ID card because it says "non valido per l'espatrio" on the back of it.
The Op says they are dual national. I was assuming Italian/British. As a dual national I think you can travel with the Id card.

Last edited by philat98; Dec 30th 2020 at 8:46 am.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:51 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

The Op says they are dual national. I was assuming Italian/British. As a dual national I think you can travel with the Id card.
So as a dual national the poster doesn't need to get the WA attestazione from the comune at all..... not if he/she is Italian.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

As 37100 mentioned a dual national might need proof of residence prior to 2021 for the DWP or something else unknown.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you can’t travel on your Italian ID card surely it should be enough at the point of entry to not have to have your passport stamped? Or am I missing something…?
Old Dec 30th 2020, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

The Brexit rules might be unclear but at least we are saved from eating British sausages.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

The Brexit rules might be unclear but at least we are saved from eating British sausages.
Excellent!
Old Dec 30th 2020, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Well of course nobody is thinking of going back permanently to the UK because of brexit, after having tasted Italy and the things you can eat..
But there is the important issue of travelling and up to now there isn’t any official document for dual nationals to prevent stamping of the passport, because the WA attestazione is not available.
The other documents such as residence certificate are just a workaround that can make you have a ‘fight’ with a border official who is in a bad mood on the day..

Last edited by Gbinitaly; Dec 30th 2020 at 11:52 am.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 1:00 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gbinitaly
Well of course nobody is thinking of going back permanently to the UK because of brexit, after having tasted Italy and the things you can eat..
But there is the important issue of travelling and up to now there isn’t any official document for dual nationals to prevent stamping of the passport, because the WA attestazione is not available.
The other documents such as residence certificate are just a workaround that can make you have a ‘fight’ with a border official who is in a bad mood on the day..
Italian nationals must use Italian ID to enter and exit Italy. Until October, an ID card card will suffice. Then an Italian passport will be needed. Up until now, border control hasn't taken much notice, but with the introduction of the ETAIS electronic visa, an Italian passport will be a must.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

We’ll see how many native Brits who became dual nationals will do the hassle of going to the Questura and do all the procedures for an Italian passport from now to October, including paying another 120 euros.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

With 500k Italians living in the UK it is quite likely that some agreement might be reached with id cards. They couldnt stop you using an indirect flight to the UK with an Id card and UK passport.
This article implies you can go to the Uk with a combination of carta d'identia and a UK passport after October 2021.
https://www.intermundial.it/blog/che...-cittadinanza/

Last edited by philat98; Dec 30th 2020 at 4:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.