Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Solarcower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

I have been told that I don't need it because I have the permanent residency. However, The Local Italy and the British Embassy say I need it anyway. Anyone else had this problem?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

You may not need it now, but that isnt to say that you might not need it in hte future, and you wont be able to get it after 1 Jan

And

I bloody loathe Sgarbi, he's a crap art critic too apart from being a rentagob and corrupt politician.

Last edited by modicasa; Oct 28th 2020 at 11:47 am.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Hope you all get it sorted, very grateful I have dual British and Irish nationality and don’t have to go through it.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

It says it all about Italian bureaucracy. For Jonwel it took 2 weeks to get the new certificate, for Planb instantaneous and for Solarcower they wont hand one out at all.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
I bloody loathe Sgarbi, he's a crap art critic too apart from being a rentagob and corrupt politician.
He said yesterday that only criminals wear masks.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
You may not need it now, but that isnt to say that you might not need it in hte future, and you wont be able to get it after 1 Jan

And

I believe that there is no time limit in which to obtain the new document ,

Agree about Sgarbi .
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Solarcower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
I believe that there is no time limit in which to obtain the new document ,
I had also read this somewhere, but I can't find where I read it. Do you have a source? I would feel better knowing I could get it later if necessary.
Some of my colleagues from different villages have also been told they don't need it.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Solarcower
I had also read this somewhere, but I can't find where I read it. Do you have a source? I would feel better knowing I could get it later if necessary.
Some of my colleagues from different villages have also been told they don't need it.
According to BritsInItaly you need the document but the time frame is not clear. As Modicasa says you might need it at some point.
Jill Morris is also saying you need to get the Wa attestazione asap. . https://www.theflorentine.net/2020/1...y-jill-morris/

https://britishinitaly.net/latest-implementation-news

Last edited by philat98; Nov 2nd 2020 at 5:45 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the information on a FB group , I'm definately going to get the document but my commune asked us to wait while they got organised and now if we have a second lockdown it could hold things up . Ive got the two residency docs and done my driving liscense so its the only thing I'm missing
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarcower
There's a lot of confusion amongst the staff in the various communes. To be fair it's a new thing and if they don't have that many Brits in their commune they're not really going to know about it. Ours was very helpful and friendly, but just simply misunderstood what we were asking for and tried to give us another document and insist that we needed to show her evidence of income and private healthcare (they don't have the right to ask you for this).

think there is another attestation document that they do issue for EU citizens, which has different rules, and they are confusing this with what we are being asked to get. It's not exactly a perfect metaphor, but the document she wanted to give us was like getting a copy of a marriage certificate (because it confirmed our rights as EU citizens) - but we are getting divorced (or the UK and the EU are) and so a copy of a marriage certificate is no good...you need something that confirms that the legal rights you had under EU rules have been continued (now that we are not EU citizens)...and so it must refer to new legislation (article 18).

I'd tell your colleagues to print out the documents they can find on the two websites below (which have been issued by the Italian authorities to try and clear up the confusion) and go back to their commune and ask the anagrafe to read them:
https://dait.interno.gov.it/document...11-02-2020.pdf
Brexit, informativa ai Comuni in merito alla residenza dei cittadini britannici in Italia – www.anci.it
Old Nov 5th 2020, 8:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a web forum run by folks who work at various Comunes:
https://servizidemografici.forumfree.it/

Maybe somebody can take one for the team, ask over there, and report back here?
Old Nov 16th 2020, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

went to our anagrafe today and he was most helpful. we now have documents with bollos, whether they're any use or not I don't know but they add to our raft of papers!πŸ‘
Old Nov 17th 2020, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pica
went to our anagrafe today and he was most helpful. we now have documents with bollos, whether they're any use or not I don't know but they add to our raft of papers!πŸ‘
You will have to carry it with you when you travel so that you dot get your passport stamped
Old Nov 17th 2020, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to carry it with you when you travel so that you dot get your passport stamped
OK. Thank you
Old Nov 17th 2020, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha :-) You're making this up right?

I'd quite like to get my passport stamped. It was kinda romantic I feel. I miss the stamps. Being able to show all the places you'd travelled to.

But it would only if all the EU countries suddenly restart border checks and/or stop accepting ID cards (which is not going to happen).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.