Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Old Jan 4th 2021, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

athoni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Originally Posted by modicasa
I work on the basis that when i go back to the Uk I will travel on my GB passport to avoid the queues at the airport. This will presumably get stamped. Coming back Ill use my Italian ID for the same reason. This will mean that according to my British passport I have left Italy and not returned. Something and nothing, but you can imagine the bureaucratic nightmares this could cause. If, for example, I hadnt been resident for 5 years, and result absent for more than 6 motnhs I lose my right to residency. For the sake of a bit of paper it seems daft to risk it.
I have recently acquired dual citizenship,(Greek),along with my UK citizenship and have my WA document here in Italy. In theory could I leave Italy with my EU Greek passport. and on arrival in UK show my UK passport and vice versa on my return to Italy?
Old Jan 4th 2021, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Gbinitaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by athoni
I have recently acquired dual citizenship,(Greek),along with my UK citizenship and have my WA document here in Italy. In theory could I leave Italy with my EU Greek passport. and on arrival in UK show my UK passport and vice versa on my return to Italy?
Yes it’s a possible solution, one problem now is the airlines staff that sometimes refuse boarding even to people with the right paperwork.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Priti Patel will stop all Europeans entering with an ID card after October. I think she will put off quite a few Italian tourists who will choose to go elsewhere.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKBN29C2XU

Last edited by philat98; Jan 8th 2021 at 6:30 am.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Casagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the roughCasagialla is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by athoni
I have a similar problem (dual nationality) i always book two seperate tickets because I was told that the passport you show has to match the ticket I don't know if that is true.?
Old Jan 8th 2021, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
Priti Patel will stop all Europeans entering with an ID card after October. I think she will put off quite a few Italian tourists who will choose to go elsewhere.
I think you're right that it will put off some potential tourists but tbf I'm not sure that Brexit really explains the whole picture. Brexit allows the UK to do it, but it's not why it's doing it. I don't know what explanation is given in the full article, as the article from Reuters is just a stub, and you'd need to read the Telegraph article that it refers to check the details.... and I can't read the Telegraph article because I don't subscribe to their site. But this isn't a new thing. It's about moving to biometric security measures. Lots of countries have been moving to issuing biometric passports for a couple of decades. It enables automatic facial recognition when you go through the arrival gates. It's supposed to be safer and it's also quicker/cheaper.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

They are basically saying it is for security reasons as both Greek and Italian paper ID cards are so easy to fake and there is evidence of it happening. So it's a case and wait and see if either ever become biometric ID and are accepted.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 11:37 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
They are basically saying it is for security reasons as both Greek and Italian paper ID cards are so easy to fake and there is evidence of it happening. So it's a case and wait and see if either ever become biometric ID and are accepted.
They UK has already said no to the request. Only EU residents in the UK will allowed to continue using ID cards. The paper one for a couple of years. The biometric one for longer. Can't remember the exact number of years.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 8:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
The Italian ID card is a joke. It's just a piece of paper that can be faked with Photoshop. I have witnessed a Brazilian guy do that literally in front of me circa 2000-ish.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 11:56 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcom1970
The Italian ID card is a joke. It's just a piece of paper that can be faked with Photoshop. I have witnessed a Brazilian guy do that literally in front of me circa 2000-ish.
With exceptions, i.e. emergencies, paper ID cards are no longer issued.

Last edited by 37100; Jan 9th 2021 at 11:58 am.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Casagialla
I have a similar problem (dual nationality) i always book two seperate tickets because I was told that the passport you show has to match the ticket I don't know if that is true.?
You’re supposed to but it never gets checked, I’ve travelled with Italians who’ve booked tickets with their ID card and used their passport to go through the Uk border.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by philat98
In the 1960s a lot of Asians were expelled from east Africa. In the case of Patel's family they were either expelled or got out just before,.. from Uganda, which was ruled by the bloodthirsty dictator Idi Amin (trained by the British army). It seems as though Priti wants to prove that she's British with a vengeance, rompendo i coglions of European citizens. And hasn't anyone told her that tourism will beome less attractive if tourists are treated as unwanted aliens?
Old Feb 10th 2021, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Ive started booking twosingle tickets, enter the Uk with my British passport and leave the UK to return to Italy using my Italian passport. Seems the easiest way to avoid the queues.... whether itll create problems down the line, who knows?
Old Feb 10th 2021, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Ive started booking twosingle tickets, enter the Uk with my British passport and leave the UK to return to Italy using my Italian passport. Seems the easiest way to avoid the queues.... whether itll create problems down the line, who knows?
Could you do the same thing but with your Id card?
Old Feb 10th 2021, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Only till October? when Pritti stops it.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Only till October? when Pritti stops it.
I meant return to Italy with the Id card and enter the UK with a UK passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.