Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Old Sep 1st 2020, 5:31 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Presumably the posters here are all Brits .... so did you know that we are all supposed to get a brand new attestazione from our own comune stating that we retain the same rights as before to live and work here? I have all the details if necessary. Apparently all Italian Comune have been sent a "circolare" from the Ministers and Governo telling them what it is and what to do. Most of them are totally confused thinking that anybody with a "residenza permanente" needs nothing else. Not true. My comune is a dark and scary place and as I'm the only Brit in the village. it'll be ******* ages before new rules trickle down to them and I'll probably have to fight, but I know folks who have had zero problems in bigger cities because somebody actually read and understood the new paperwork or several Brits had argued their case earlier.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brand new WA attestazione from your comune.

Are you talking about the Vademecum (Attestazione di iscrizione anagrafica) or something new? Oliver and Partners say that some comunes are asking for people to hand in their Permesso di soggiorno permanente.
https://www.comune.foligno.pg.it/pag...ini-britannici

Last edited by philat98; Sep 1st 2020 at 6:32 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 8:37 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
Are you talking about the Vademecum (Attestazione di iscrizione anagrafica) or something new? Oliver and Partners say that some comunes are asking for people to hand in their Permesso di soggiorno permanente.
https://www.comune.foligno.pg.it/pag...ini-britannici
Yes. The very important thing is that the NEW attestazione cites the new legislation art.18.4 and your comune does NOT take anything off you, especially your residenza permanente if you have it. One does NOT substitute the other. We need both.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

lucky me has the no.1 attestazione from our comune, citing all the necessary dlcm etc etc. dated 07 March 2020. I explained all the legislation to them. Clerk no 1 said 'it can't be so easy', Clerk no 2 looked it all up and
said ' he's right' and issued with a flourish the new document.
I think I may have previously posted this info.
'o nonno
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 8:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not fair. We've just given unlimited permanent residence to almost 4M EU citizens + plus their dependants, without asking any proof of contribution, while British citizens, after years of paying into the systems of EU nations, have to jump through hoops just to have a confirmation of the rights they already have.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

'Given' is a very loose term, given the jumping through hoops resident EU citizens have had to go through in the UK. Going and asking for a piece of paper from your local anagrafe doesnt seem to be hugely onerous.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with Modi.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcom1970
It's not fair. We've just given unlimited permanent residence to almost 4M EU citizens + plus their dependants, without asking any proof of contribution, while British citizens, after years of paying into the systems of EU nations, have to jump through hoops just to have a confirmation of the rights they already have.
But British people are NOT EU citizens any more, that ended 30 January 2020, we are in the transition phase now, and that was so that countries COULD sort out what sort of legislation was needed to cover the British currently living in their countries.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

A slightly worrying thing might be the future of the S1. According to this article there is no mention of the S1 in the current negotiations. The government have been hacking away at the S1 over the years and I suspect Sunak would like to make savings after his Covid problems.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...tiations-by-UK
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

As no deal looks more and more likely, everything is on, or off, the table. It's going to be an almighty omnishambles.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
As no deal looks more and more likely, everything is on, or off, the table. It's going to be an almighty omnishambles.
The Uk will blame the EU for being " uncooperative " over the Trade Deal and the EU will cite the UK's totally unrealistic expectations . Whatever trade deal is finally cobbled together there is not sufficient time for anyone to make adequate preparations so the only real option for businesses is to work on a worst case scenario and come january 1 st there will be caos .
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Presumably the posters here are all Brits .... so did you know that we are all supposed to get a brand new attestazione from our own comune stating that we retain the same rights as before to live and work here? I have all the details if necessary.
Hi Lorna,
This probably sounds really stupid (DON'T SAY "YES"), but what is the "WA" attestazione?
I already have an 'Attestazione di Iscrizione Anagrafica di Cittadino dell' Unione Europea' from 3 years ago, are you saying I need a new version?
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I think it means the Withdrawal Agreement attestazione, which is new. So you will need another bit of paper to add to your folder to produce if and when asked.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Pants!
But thanks anyway Modicasa.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

It's all explained on the "British in Italy" website. The details were explained to local authorities in this circular: circolare n. 3 del 11 febb.2020 -https://dait.interno.gov.it/documenti/circ-003-servdemo-11-02-2020.pdf .The last page is the said form.

It all sounds very simple but yesterday I went to an anagrafe di quartiere and they didn't know anything about it... and this was in Milan! The lady leafed through the circular (only two and a half pages plus the certificate) without trying to understand it. I showed her my attestazione di soggiorno permanente, which she told me had expired... she had mistaken it for a residence cerificate. And to think that the circular dates from as far back as February this year!

Lorna says "zero problems in big cities" for some people, so I'll keep trying!

PS Luckily the S1 doesn't concern me because I receive a part of my pension from INPS and also work and pay taxes to the Italian system, so I'm registered with the health service like any Italian.

Last edited by jonwel; Sep 3rd 2020 at 8:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.