British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Booster in Italy if original vacs elsewhere? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/booster-italy-if-original-vacs-elsewhere-941922/)

campos Dec 12th 2021 12:51 pm

Booster in Italy if original vacs elsewhere?

I understand the booster jab will be available soon here.
if one received the two original vacs in another country, is there any problem getting the booster here?

modicasa Dec 13th 2021 9:52 am

Re: Booster in Italy if original vacs elsewhere?

if you have a tesseera sanitaria and are resident then I dont see why not...I you have neither itll be difficult.

chris120 Dec 13th 2021 3:35 pm

from a medical view point i guess it doesn't matter where you are jabbed but for travel etc (which is my case) if you only got 1 or 2 jabs in UK then the NHS certification will show that and not the booster as well. presumably Italian certification will only show the booster. i have heard that there may be a way to upload a jab received in Italy onto the NHS records but i haven't found it yet

Nand Dec 13th 2021 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by modicasa (Post 13080852)
if you have a tesseera sanitaria and are resident then I dont see why not...I you have neither itll be difficult.

Same here in France, without the Social Health Care number, it is not available.

To me this doesn't make sense.

If the object was truly to illiminate SarsCov2 then every person should be given whatever is necessary rgardless of status.

So I'm doubting if it is even necessary to vacinate everyone in actual fact.

These contradictions lead pople to distrust the information the news and the mandates the governments put out.

campos Dec 13th 2021 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by chris120 (Post 13080935)
from a medical view point i guess it doesn't matter where you are jabbed but for travel etc (which is my case) if you only got 1 or 2 jabs in UK then the NHS certification will show that and not the booster as well. presumably Italian certification will only show the booster. i have heard that there may be a way to upload a jab received in Italy onto the NHS records but i haven't found it yet

For me not NHS in fact, but from Portugal.

Serrano Dec 13th 2021 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Nand (Post 13080939)
Same here in France, without the Social Health Care number, it is not available.

To me this doesn't make sense.

If the object was truly to illiminate SarsCov2 then every person should be given whatever is necessary rgardless of status.

So I'm doubting if it is even necessary to vacinate everyone in actual fact.

These contradictions lead pople to distrust the information the news and the mandates the governments put out.

I don't see what the contradictions are here. First of all, the objective isn't, and never has been, to eliminate Covid19. Any vaccination would have to have a very high efficiency (probably over 90%) and would take years, or rather decades, to eliminate the virus. Look at history. How many diseases have ever been eliminated by vaccination? (hint: the answer is 1, namely smallpox - and that took 200 years to eliminate). And, yes, you've guessed it, it wasn't necessary to vaccinate everyone to achieve this.

I agree that in the current situation it makes sense to vaccinate as many people as possible, regardless of status. But as a minimum there must be records of who has been vaccinated, and the obvious way to do this is to register the health service credentials of each user. It would be nice if the tiny proportion who aren't in the system could also be done, but in all honesty I suspect they have rather more important things to focus on at the moment.

As for your last statement, with respect those who are looking for reasons to distrust will always find something, won't they ?:confused:

jiminalpago Dec 13th 2021 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Serrano (Post 13080954)
I don't see what the contradictions are here. First of all, the objective isn't, and never has been, to eliminate Covid19. Any vaccination would have to have a very high efficiency (probably over 90%) and would take years, or rather decades, to eliminate the virus. Look at history. How many diseases have ever been eliminated by vaccination? (hint: the answer is 1, namely smallpox - and that took 200 years to eliminate). And, yes, you've guessed it, it wasn't necessary to vaccinate everyone to achieve this.

I agree that in the current situation it makes sense to vaccinate as many people as possible, regardless of status. But as a minimum there must be records of who has been vaccinated, and the obvious way to do this is to register the health service credentials of each user. It would be nice if the tiny proportion who aren't in the system could also be done, but in all honesty I suspect they have rather more important things to focus on at the moment.

As for your last statement, with respect those who are looking for reasons to distrust will always find something, won't they ?:confused:

Well said!
I would add that there has been, throughout the Covid crisis, NGOs in Italy who have tried to cover those "below the radar", with the (laudable) connivance of the authorities.

philat98 Dec 14th 2021 4:11 am

Originally Posted by campos (Post 13080630)
if one received the two original vacs in another country, is there any problem getting the booster here?

The ministry of health covers the situation in the link below. With regions now going into lockdown restrictions you need a green pass and that requires your ASL to know your vaccination record. I had the booster last week and received a new QR code.
https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nu...nu=vuoto&tab=6

campos Dec 15th 2021 7:45 am

Originally Posted by philat98 (Post 13081052)
The ministry of health covers the situation in the link below. With regions now going into lockdown restrictions you need a green pass and that requires your ASL to know your vaccination record. I had the booster last week and received a new QR code.
https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nu...nu=vuoto&tab=6

i guess so. Is there a minimum time between 2nd jab and booster?

Serrano Dec 15th 2021 8:10 am

Originally Posted by campos (Post 13081343)
i guess so. Is there a minimum time between 2nd jab and booster?

They reduced it about a month ago to 5 months minimum. I believe that still applies.

philat98 Dec 15th 2021 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Serrano (Post 13081345)
They reduced it about a month ago to 5 months minimum. I believe that still applies.

Mine was exactly 5 months.

Serrano Dec 15th 2021 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by philat98 (Post 13081392)
Mine was exactly 5 months.

Same for me - to the day :thumbsup: (July 7 then December 7)

dreamo Dec 16th 2021 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by campos (Post 13080630)

Hi, I can speak from experience.
We had our first vaccine in the UK and our second vaccine here in Italy. To date I have been unable to update our NHS app to reflect the 2nd vaccine. Initially they (NHS) said it was possible, our GP needed to update the system etc. However, many emails and many months later they confirmed there was / is a problem with the system - work in progress…..
We recently had our booster shots here. Updating the Italian ‘green pass’ was really easy. One just needs to email details of any vaccine received elsewhere (type and serial number) and the system is updated. It took less than 12 hours for them to update ours.
As noted, you do need to have your tessera sanitaria and be in the system.

campos Jan 24th 2022 1:54 pm

Following up on this - I got my booster here and got the paper certificate with the QR code printed out at a pharmacy. Is is possible to get this downloaded for my 'phone? Maybe using my SPId on the national health site?

philat98 Jan 24th 2022 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by campos (Post 13090007)
Following up on this - I got my booster here and got the paper certificate with the QR code printed out at a pharmacy. Is is possible to get this downloaded for my 'phone? Maybe using my SPId on the national health site?

If you download the app Io you can do it with that.