Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

'BLUE KIT' ENGLISH TRANSLATION

'BLUE KIT' ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Old May 12th 2008, 4:58 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'BLUE KIT' ENGLISH TRANSLATION

By the way Patty
if you haven't already got an Italian carta d'indentità go and get one in the comune before your actual in vigor permesso runs out. I have one - it is not valid as a travel document outside of italy as I am not an Italian citizen - but it is perfect to carry in my purse as a means of identification any place and anywhere and shut the cops up too when I got pulled over once on a routine check !! They asked me where my permesso di soggiorno was.
I told them it was at home.
They said that it should always be with me.
I told them that having a carta d'identità meant that I was not obbliged to carry permesso with me everywhere. They weren't pleased with me of course but it shut them up as they must have known I was right --- they just wanted to "rompermi le balle".
Old May 12th 2008, 5:28 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look here: http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1109178070263

It should be reasonably up to date and gives links to the appropriate Italian sites - Lorna can you have a look and see if there is anything different from what you have already said? I was told I couldn't buy into the health system any more and that you have to keep the insurance for 1 year before cancelling and joining the free system.
Old May 12th 2008, 5:41 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Have a look here: http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1109178070263

It should be reasonably up to date and gives links to the appropriate Italian sites - Lorna can you have a look and see if there is anything different from what you have already said? I was told I couldn't buy into the health system any more and that you have to keep the insurance for 1 year before cancelling and joining the free system.
I'm looking - but you might need to tell me if hubby works for Italian based company with italian wage packet
or
runs his own business in another EU country
or
works a s elf-employed but pays Italian taxes ?
So far I have seen no mention at all of maximum 12 months for health insurance.
Old May 12th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

clare-h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys me again.
I've just been speaking to someone regarding this whole residency thing and am now being told that you can get the forms from the post office - it didn't sound right to me, but I'm going to try tomorrow - I'll let you know.

I've heard of a poor old boy near here who has moved out here to retire - he went and bought a car but cannot register it because he cannot get his residency due to the fact that he isn't earning and his pension isn't enough. Do you have any advise for him?

Thanks again - Clare
Old May 12th 2008, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Ed Foley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

This may simply add to the confusion but my experience has been:

I went to the comune in my local village to apply for residency. There was no queue and no problems, just a simple one line table to complete and a form to sign. They asked me for:
My name and address
My birth cetificate
Proof of income ( I am retired)
A form E106 which entitles me to free Italian health care. ( There was a lot of confusion about this when I applied to DWP and they changed their minds a couple of times about what form I needed before finally deciding the comune was correct, then they kept changing their mind about how long I was entitled to free health care for)
My mother and father's name
Where I was born
My qualifications ( not sure what the educational requirements are to become a pensioner?)

And that seemed to be it. Now I am waiting for a visit from the Police prove that I am living here. No-one has mentioned any other forms or requirements at all
Old May 12th 2008, 6:23 pm

stays in Italy longer than 3 months - health care

If you are a European Union (EEA) national and you have one of the following forms: modello E 109, E 106, E 121, or any other form provided by the reciprocal agreement, apply to any District for your health card.

Like i said TestaRossa - don't know who your husband works for.
Old May 12th 2008, 6:25 pm

don't do it - that's all old talk - go back and read first page. The people who are talking about getting forms from Post Office are the ones who still think that you can get the "kit" from them to apply for a permesso di soggiorno.
This is not your case.
All you want is to apply for residency - and the post office does not work in collaboration with the comune !!!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by clare-h
Hi Guys me again.
I've just been speaking to someone regarding this whole residency thing and am now being told that you can get the forms from the post office - it didn't sound right to me, but I'm going to try tomorrow - I'll let you know.

I've heard of a poor old boy near here who has moved out here to retire - he went and bought a car but cannot register it because he cannot get his residency due to the fact that he isn't earning and his pension isn't enough. Do you have any advise for him?

Thanks again - Clare
don't do it - that's all old talk - go back and read first page. The people who are talking about getting forms from Post Office are the ones who still think that you can get the "kit" from them to apply for a permesso di soggiorno.
This is not your case.
All you want is to apply for residency - and the post office does not work in collaboration with the comune !!!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Foley
Hi

This may simply add to the confusion but my experience has been:

I went to the comune in my local village to apply for residency. There was no queue and no problems, just a simple one line table to complete and a form to sign. They asked me for:
My name and address
My birth cetificate
Proof of income ( I am retired)
A form E106 which entitles me to free Italian health care. ( There was a lot of confusion about this when I applied to DWP and they changed their minds a couple of times about what form I needed before finally deciding the comune was correct, then they kept changing their mind about how long I was entitled to free health care for)
My mother and father's name
Where I was born
My qualifications ( not sure what the educational requirements are to become a pensioner?)

And that seemed to be it. Now I am waiting for a visit from the Police prove that I am living here. No-one has mentioned any other forms or requirements at all
Lucky you - one of the few with a comune success story

that was because however - you are a pensioner and had a E106 form as being a retired pensioner -paid all your working dues in the UK etc giving you right to italian NHS system as being pre-agreed between certain countries.

It will not work like that for these other people on here.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Lorna - I have an italian id card - as you said its 'non valido per l'espatrio' . I think they just make things up as they go

Same thing with driving licence - I have been stopped a couple of times and I just show my UK licence - I have a copy of the rules from the ACI site which state that you CAN drive on your UK licence. I keep this with me at all times and so far (fingers crossed) I have been ok. Some people say you must have it stamped with some blurb - but it is not compulsory - you just have to accept responsibility that if you lose it or similar, then you MAY encounter delays.

PS: Lorna - in your opinion, do you think that having the ID card means that I don't need this residence certificate from the comune - I don't fancy paying for something that is unnecessary.

Last edited by Patty; May 12th 2008 at 8:03 pm.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Ed Foley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Lucky you - one of the few with a comune success story

that was because however - you are a pensioner and had a E106 form as being a retired pensioner -paid all your working dues in the UK etc giving you right to italian NHS system as being pre-agreed between certain countries.

It will not work like that for these other people on here.
I am sure I am heading for a fall at some point in the future but my experience with the comune, the post office and even the police in our small village have all been pretty positive so far. I realise from reading these forums just how problematic some of these processes can be for others, especially in the big cities. I simply wanted to tell people that it isn't always a nightmare.
Mind you I am still struggling to pay my TV license and I am planning to buy a car so things may turn "iffy" in the near future.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:02 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Lorna, only just came back on - been watching N.C.I.S. My hubby works for himself out of the UK - how to really cock things up eh? So we are elective residents - which I think the rules are stricter for.

Got a friend here in Florence who works for G.E. and he is looking into some of this too as he deals with all the expats that come out here.
Old May 13th 2008, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Patty
Yes Lorna - I have an italian id card - as you said its 'non valido per l'espatrio' . I think they just make things up as they go

Same thing with driving licence - I have been stopped a couple of times and I just show my UK licence - I have a copy of the rules from the ACI site which state that you CAN drive on your UK licence. I keep this with me at all times and so far (fingers crossed) I have been ok. Some people say you must have it stamped with some blurb - but it is not compulsory - you just have to accept responsibility that if you lose it or similar, then you MAY encounter delays.

PS: Lorna - in your opinion, do you think that having the ID card means that I don't need this residence certificate from the comune - I don't fancy paying for something that is unnecessary.
Patty -
as far as I know you are already registered as a resident in the comune - there is no way otherwise you would have your soggiorno and especially not a Carta D'Identità which is only released by your comune.

The cerificato di residenza is not something that you would have at home - it's not a copy of some kind of certificate as we understand that word - not something that you could bring home and frame etc. It just means that you are on the local Comune books - they know about you and they know where you live.

I think the only thing you really need to know is the same as me ........ what do I do when permesso runs out as if it doesn't exist anymore how can I renew it ??? And I'm working on that one !!!
Old May 13th 2008, 9:48 am

don't struggle to pay the tv licence ...... don't pay it at all unless RAi have already discovered you !!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Patty -

I think the only thing you really need to know is the same as me ........ what do I do when permesso runs out as if it doesn't exist anymore how can I renew it ??? And I'm working on that one !!!

Okay - so I'll watch this space If I hear anything new I'll let you know too ! Am on a quick lunch break - same as you Lorna - nearing the end of term and fed up of teaching ! Did verb patterns this morning.......what fun !
Off to have a quick cheese and cucumber sandwich - just missing the salad cream though - must get daughter to bring some over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.