Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Originally Posted by angeli
Dont you just wish there was a 'product' to stop glasses steaming up, maybe Mr Musculo could market one.....Still waiting for VE new glasses, been a week now.....
I really do wish there was something. The worst thing at the mo is going from freezing cold outside to boiling hot cafes/ shops etc. I hate that!! Hope your glasses arrive soon Angeli... did they actually physically post them??
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:23 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I hate that too! Blind for as long as it takes to order a drink and look weird!

P.S. There is something - they are called contact lenses...
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I hate that too! Blind for as long as it takes to order a drink and look weird!

P.S. There is something - they are called contact lenses...
I did try but my eyes are too dry and they are a lot of faff too!!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:05 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You've not tried the dailies have you?? They are brill and come in different types now for dryer eyes. I was using the Johnson aquavue moist but I've just switched to another normal brand Dailies as my eyes aren't as dry here. You can just go to the opticians here and buy them without a scrip if you want another go!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
I did try but my eyes are too dry and they are a lot of faff too!!
I ws told I'd have to wear both !!!!! contacts and glasses....how sad is that..
Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

You've not tried the dailies have you?? They are brill and come in different types now for dryer eyes. I was using the Johnson aquavue moist but I've just switched to another normal brand Dailies as my eyes aren't as dry here. You can just go to the opticians here and buy them without a scrip if you want another go!
I did use the dailies but we are going back ten years or so so maybe things have improved.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by indiebird
I really do wish there was something. The worst thing at the mo is going from freezing cold outside to boiling hot cafes/ shops etc. I hate that!! Hope your glasses arrive soon Angeli... did they actually physically post them??
as a biker (or rather crash test dummy) there are several products available that stop helmet visors misting up. all my visors have been hardened plastic and had an anti scratch coating, just like glasses.
unfortunately i havent used any of them, but lots of motorcycle accessory shops online sell them. think they are refered to as 'anti fog'
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:09 pm
The Original Red Head!

Indie they have! I had to talk my optician in Haywards Heath into letting me try dailies cos they aren't as good for your eyes as hard lenses, but I'm glad I did! This is about 8 years ago then just before we came here in 2006 the moist ones came out and now there are a couple of brands like this on the Market. So you should find something. My eyes aren't as dry here either so I can get the cheaper ones now.

Angeli - is that because of astigmatism or do you need bi-focals?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Indie they have! I had to talk my optician in Haywards Heath into letting me try dailies cos they aren't as good for your eyes as hard lenses, but I'm glad I did! This is about 8 years ago then just before we came here in 2006 the moist ones came out and now there are a couple of brands like this on the Market. So you should find something. My eyes aren't as dry here either so I can get the cheaper ones now.

Angeli - is that because of astigmatism or do you need bi-focals?
TR Had a squint operated on / repaired when a babe in arms, have vari-focals now......
Indiebird, guess what, postie just delivered new specs...OH thinks I've been re-born as Nana Mouskouri....and should be singing Greek ditties...cuddling a guitar Who's she ??? I say, before my time....and his...or maybe he lied about age
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

I brought some of the Ajax shower power stuff today.... just need to give the shower a good scrub and then squirt away....

Still not sold on the lense idea. My glasses are kind of a part of me after all these years. Yes there were times when I was a teenager that I refused to wear then in town and more than once, as the bus turned off up a great big hill, did I realise with dismay that I'd got on the number 81 yet again instead of the 11!!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

TR Had a squint operated on / repaired when a babe in arms, have vari-focals now......
Indiebird, guess what, postie just delivered new specs...OH thinks I've been re-born as Nana Mouskouri....and should be singing Greek ditties...cuddling a guitar Who's she ??? I say, before my time....and his...or maybe he lied about age
Ahhhh Angeli I'm as this is who peeps always say I look like and I had to look her up on youtube!! glad they arrived though!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

Yay! Spray it in the bathroom sinks, bidet and any chrome too! Hope it works for you! I'm massively short sighted so I HAD to wear the damn things or the bus wouldve been wearing me!! So soon as I could I went into lenses. I alternate now but I need ultrathin lenses or I'm mr magoo and they cost a load of money so I don't get to change too frequently. Don't know what I'd do without lenses - wear glasses I suppose...
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davehornet6
as a biker (or rather crash test dummy) there are several products available that stop helmet visors misting up. all my visors have been hardened plastic and had an anti scratch coating, just like glasses.
unfortunately i havent used any of them, but lots of motorcycle accessory shops online sell them. think they are refered to as 'anti fog'
Ummmmm wonder if 'products' would work well on glasses..will talk to those nice people at VE...
Old friend told me when he took his driving test in 'his' old mini clubman.... shows his age.....his windscreen wipers were a tad tempramental...typical, half way through test english rain came....wipers failed...so what he did was stopped car, reached onto back seat, got large potato out of bag and cut in half (with handy knife), then rubbed potato over windscreen - (cut side), result being the starch in the potato caused rain drops to disperse into sheet of water...get the picture...Driving test examiner passed hi not coz of his driving but his inginuity
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Ummmmm wonder if 'products' would work well on glasses..will talk to those nice people at VE...
Old friend told me when he took his driving test in 'his' old mini clubman.... shows his age.....his windscreen wipers were a tad tempramental...typical, half way through test english rain came....wipers failed...so what he did was stopped car, reached onto back seat, got large potato out of bag and cut in half (with handy knife), then rubbed potato over windscreen - (cut side), result being the starch in the potato caused rain drops to disperse into sheet of water...get the picture...Driving test examiner passed hi not coz of his driving but his inginuity
italians think we are mad enough, without them seeing us wiping our glasses with potatoes
ive always wondered how these things are found out
i mean who on earth first tried making a piece of glass water resistant by rubbing it with a potato? and more to the point was he locked up for atempting it
my mate has a tin of anti mist spray for his visor, he is going to bring it round soon. ill try it on an old pair first (just in case they melt or something)
might try it on the tiles in the bathroom too(just trying to make it look like this post is on topic)
Old Feb 6th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I might just do it to make my neighbours even more wary of us with our strange inglesi ways!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.