Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all
Default Re: TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Originally Posted by indiebird
I agree with the limescale problemos Dave. In Brighton and Hastings (the south downs??!!) the water was very hard. I don't miss it. The water here is soft and I love it. Saves me a fortune on washing up liquid and bubblebath..... seriously!!

So the Ajax stuffy isn't one of those leave on concoctions then?? What do you use Angeli.... I was thinking today as I was scrubbing yet again that maybe I should by something for the shower which is less effort than what I'm doing now. I need only use it in the shower don't I......
Indiebird, its Mr Muscles shower clean or sainsburys equiv' -( havn't seen him here tho',) well thats the best one for me but TR has told us Ajax product does the trick too so will try that too....
Back to bidet....have heard there is something on the market that is not only a toilet but a bidet too...the mind boggles......
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:51 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Cillit bang is expensive and I wouldn't bother! The own brands with bleach in are better. Must admit I like the bog standard degreaser you get here - sgrassatore? - basically concentrated liquid soap but good for general cleaning.

My DD uses the bidet but then she sees the kids at school use them so I suppose she will.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Cillit bang is expensive and I wouldn't bother! The own brands with bleach in are better. Must admit I like the bog standard degreaser you get here - sgrassatore? - basically concentrated liquid soap but good for general cleaning.

My DD uses the bidet but then she sees the kids at school use them so I suppose she will.
They have bidets at school ?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:39 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, in the materna anyway. They look like footbaths so the little kids can use them but I do see parents washing their kids bottoms in them! What age do they segregate the kids loos??
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:45 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Yup, in the materna anyway. They look like footbaths so the little kids can use them but I do see parents washing their kids bottoms in them! What age do they segregate the kids loos??
Do you know - I'm not sure.

The primary school here has toilets at the end of each corridor but there is no separate boys or girls. They do have doors on the cubicles though ....... hole in the floor loos as well.

When I was at the liceo the staff toilet was a unisex one but I think the boys and girls used different toilets. I can't remember.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Ewwww, i can't imagine washing my hands, feet, clothes etc where someone may have just washed their stinking asshole
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Ewwww, i can't imagine washing my hands, clothes etc where someone may have just washed their stinking asshole
Well you wouldn't in anybody else's house but if you know that your own personal bidet never gets used for ass washing bidet purposes - then it's okay to soak your sweaty socks in it
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Well you wouldn't in anybody else's house but if you know that your own personal bidet never gets used for ass washing bidet purposes - then it's okay to soak your sweaty socks in it
I hate bidets. I just don't like the look of them
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

This is what confuses me, Italians think they are so clean using bidets, but the thought of using a public bidet? eeeuuuwwww!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Ps. Don't you just love Google ads...Whatever we discuss, an ad shows up on the page related to it. On here there's "bidet toilet seat - bidet seat with air dryer and wash" ROTFL! How many of you have clicked that link??!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Ps. Don't you just love Google ads...Whatever we discuss, an ad shows up on the page related to it. On here there's "bidet toilet seat - bidet seat with air dryer and wash" ROTFL! How many of you have clicked that link??!
Yeh, been around for a while, very OT. For people that cant manage to wash and dry after using....and keeps independence....Not designed for those that can......for those that connot.....
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I'm gonna look out for some of the Ajax shower stuff or even the Mr Muscle one. My oh brought Cilit Bang once, I am allergic!! Even my nose blocked up with smell of it after he used it in the kitchen. He's not convinced that bicarb and vinegar gets things 'hygenic'. As I say though, if you give things a bit of a scrub then germs and dirt just slide off. Better that medicating the whole water system with antibacterial agents and then wondering why antibiotics are no longer working. Those germs are much cleverer than us at adapting you know!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angeli
ooops, dont know what happened, tried to post yest but thread WAS closed...See now its open...Bidet in bathroom is just another thing to clean....dust....do water plants in it, may plant a plant in it ??? maybe a sweet 'Pee' ...
Planting a nice plant & brightening up the bathroom is the best suggestion I've heard yet for a bidet

The other strange cultural thing I've heard is about the really bad habit the British have for using tea-towels (ie a dirty, used cloth) to dry newly washed crockery and cutlery! This comment was either from an Italian or a Dane but I can't remember which one!

Strange how different people are brought up with different ideas on what is right and what is wrong.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by lindaf
Planting a nice plant & brightening up the bathroom is the best suggestion I've heard yet for a bidet

The other strange cultural thing I've heard is about the really bad habit the British have for using tea-towels (ie a dirty, used cloth) to dry newly washed crockery and cutlery! This comment was either from an Italian or a Dane but I can't remember which one!

Strange how different people are brought up with different ideas on what is right and what is wrong.
I must admit - I love the Italian kitchen drip dry cupboard thingy above the kitchen sink. Wash something and stick it straight up in the racks - no need for drying. I miss not being able to look out of the kitchen window though sometimes when I'm at the sink. Just a tiled wall in front of me here.

I'm always throwing my t-towels in the washing machine and I cannot stand soggy dishcloths. I buy cheap sponges and then chuck them in the bin. Not sure which is worse for the planet though ... chucking sponges in the bin or using bleach to keep dishcloths clean.

Many Italians think it is very weird of us Brits to have washing machines in the kitchen - but much much worse - not rinsing the soap bubbles off your plates and pots.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:30 am
The Original Red Head!

Hint from How clean is your house for cleaning sink cloths. IF you have a dishwasher drape cloth over front of basket when you do a wash. I put my brushes for the pots thru to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.