Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:06 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

I use the Ajax shower clean. You can spray it while the shower is on and the shower washes it off and keeps the lime away. I do it as I get in!!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Can you get Ajax Shower clean here in Italy TR? Our shower cubicle is the bane of my life, it's one of those "Del-Boy" cubicles with seat, radio, lights, back squirters and power rainfall as well as an ordinary shower attachment, don't ask. I clean it while I'm inside, I really regret buying the damn thing. Yes and I agree the bidet takes up alot of room and is just another thing to clean.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by PAT M
Can you get Ajax Shower clean here in Italy TR? Our shower cubicle is the bane of my life, it's one of those "Del-Boy" cubicles with seat, radio, lights, back squirters and power rainfall as well as an ordinary shower attachment, don't ask. I clean it while I'm inside, I really regret buying the damn thing. Yes and I agree the bidet takes up alot of room and is just another thing to clean.
Del Boy shower cubicle

We just re vamped our bathroom (UK)... no bidet and the in laws are coming tmrw. Ke scandolo. There will be much debate I'm SURE.

I thought they didn't use them in France. Maybe we should start this thread up on the French board too. Ha. I thought they were only used in Italy (and maybe super dooper technological wiz ones in Japan too)
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angeli
Do you clean your shower cubicle Indiebird ???? I can recommend a spray...all you do is spray walls/glass door with product when getting out, obv' not having glasses on cant see what I'm doing but it does smell nice.... When I do put glasses back on room too steamy to see if sparkly clean.....
The problem I have (and I do like to make life difficult for myself) is that I like to use the most natural products I can in my bathroom. Therefore I usually scrub with bicarb, rinse, and then use some vinegar to get rid of the bicarb. I like to think I will single-handedly save the planet.... Doesn't help that my skin seems to get more sensitive as I get older too!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:31 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

As Shirley Conran famously said, "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom!" Cut yourself some slack woman and make at least one boring job a bit easier!!

Isn't bidet a French word? I must admit I don't remember seeing them much in France though!

Pat M - Esselunga here sells it.... Where else?! It's really cheap too, about €1.29 a bottle?? It's better than the leave on ones as it cleans it either while you are in the shower or seconds after you get out. I don't mind being in the shower with it. It also cleans the taps and plugs really well.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

do you have hard, or soft (or just plain mucky) water?
one thing i hope i dont have in italy is hard water
the water in bologna seemed really soft compared to the liquid limescale we have in windsor
i clean the bathroom every week and the only thing i found that gets rid of that horrid white (if i leave it for 2 weeks or more it starts going orange) scale on everything is Lighthouse limescale remover. its a pink acid stuff that burns your skin off when it splashes up your arm.
tried vinegar and other stuff but scale just laughs at me
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by davehornet6
do you have hard, or soft (or just plain mucky) water?
one thing i hope i dont have in italy is hard water
the water in bologna seemed really soft compared to the liquid limescale we have in windsor
i clean the bathroom every week and the only thing i found that gets rid of that horrid white (if i leave it for 2 weeks or more it starts going orange) scale on everything is Lighthouse limescale remover. its a pink acid stuff that burns your skin off when it splashes up your arm.
tried vinegar and other stuff but scale just laughs at me

I agree with the limescale problemos Dave. In Brighton and Hastings (the south downs??!!) the water was very hard. I don't miss it. The water here is soft and I love it. Saves me a fortune on washing up liquid and bubblebath..... seriously!!

So the Ajax stuffy isn't one of those leave on concoctions then?? What do you use Angeli.... I was thinking today as I was scrubbing yet again that maybe I should by something for the shower which is less effort than what I'm doing now. I need only use it in the shower don't I......
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

I'll watch out for the Ajax here. I'd like to use natural products and save the world, but I agree with TR, there are better things to do than scrub the shower cubicle, so Ajax it will be.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:39 pm
The Original Red Head!

The Ajax one is somewhere between the two, you don't have to wash it off - recommended but I have sprayed it on the wet glass without then rinsing, but you are better spraying it on wet glass and walls rather than dry so it doesn't streak. I leave it in the shower next to the shampoo!

dave - have you tried the limescale remover in the the green spray bottle? Can't remember it's name but I used that in Sussex without any problem at all. It was brill. You leave it on then sponge or wipe it off, normally worked a treat.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:41 pm
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
I'll watch out for the Ajax here. I'd like to use natural products and save the world, but I agree with TR, there are better things to do than scrub the shower cubicle, so Ajax it will be.
I've seen it in Spain, so it should be in the UK you would think!! It's quite new, well before last summer, but it should've hit the UK first I would expect!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Must admit that citric acid is good for descaling.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:21 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

Oh god. There are just some things that shouldn't ever be written down. And how to use a bidet is one of them
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by casalottian
Oh god. There are just some things that shouldn't ever be written down. And how to use a bidet is one of them
LOL.

"if you are wearing pants you will generally need to remove them in order to straddle the bidet in this manner." - Be it pants Amercian style or pants English style it's still funny.

"If the bidet has both hot and cold water controls, start by turning on the hot water."

Idiots guide or what
I definitely wouldn't go near a bidet that DIDN'T have hot and cold water taps.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
The Ajax one is somewhere between the two, you don't have to wash it off - recommended but I have sprayed it on the wet glass without then rinsing, but you are better spraying it on wet glass and walls rather than dry so it doesn't streak. I leave it in the shower next to the shampoo!

dave - have you tried the limescale remover in the the green spray bottle? Can't remember it's name but I used that in Sussex without any problem at all. It was brill. You leave it on then sponge or wipe it off, normally worked a treat.
green bottle, check! ill keep em peeled when im in shops. thanks.
has anyone used that cillit bang stuff?
all i know is its bloomin expensive, so didnt want to buy, and throw away pounds on another rubbish product.

cant say ive tried citric acid (never looked at bought cleaners to see if its in them) and i think cleaning the bathroom with half a lemon would definately get me locked up (im going mad enough sat at home)
might try it once everyone has gone out but i do prefer my lemons in a southern comfort

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.