Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TO BIDET OR NOT TO BIDET? - 100 different uses ....

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
What - you mean you had a bidet but no sink ?????
Yep, but there was plumbing for a washing machine
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabc0077
Too true...i mean, have they ever thought about where it goes when they shake it all about, jesus it could be on the ceiling or curtains or even on their hair...
Oh god - just made me remember Two Pints of Lager and a packet of Crisps when Johnny remarks about his crispy curtains...........YUCK
Old May 4th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

juliansdaughter is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend's extremely large, EXTREMELY furry ginger cat sits in it presumably as it's cool in the summer time.

Maggie
Old May 5th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

katu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nice

Thank you all, I am now scared of hand towels
Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:56 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Just walked into the bathroom and caught my little boy peeing into the bidet.

When I asked him why he said,

"It doesn't have a toilet seat that I have to keep lifting up and you tell me off if I forget to lift it."

He also mentioned that he does turn the tap on afterwards to wash away the pipi coz that's what Marco at school told him to do
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Just testing out the thread - don't mind me.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:03 pm

Try Again .......

Sorry folks ..............
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:43 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

There you go! Toilet humour restored...
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
There you go! Toilet humour restored...
Oh good. Not sure what happened but it's working again.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:54 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I cant work them out at all, which way do you sit? ,I know Italians think we filthy not using them, my water is hard to regulate too it was be easy to get burned, but regards to stereotype British as filthy my girlfriend claims in France outside Paris people don't wash ever
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:14 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! A bit harsh I think! Tell her I didn't notice any obvious lack in hygiene in Southern France - certainly no more than you notice here anyway or the UK for that matter. Smelliest - tell her to use the Tube in London frequently, then report back....
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Being filthy Brits, we decided not to put a bidet in when we restored a bathroom. I'm glad though that we left the water attachments in the wall for one as one of our Italian friends told us that if we sell the house, not having one will be a minus.
We plan to do exactly the same with the next bathroom we modernise. I prefer space in the bathroom.
Our existing bidet has been used only once when our son was desperate to use the loo that was occupied.

Isakat
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

ooops, dont know what happened, tried to post yest but thread WAS closed...See now its open...Bidet in bathroom is just another thing to clean....dust....do water plants in it, may plant a plant in it ??? maybe a sweet 'Pee' ...
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angeli
...Bidet in bathroom is just another thing to clean....dust....
I agree with this!! I hate cleaning the shower cubicle too.... was much simpler in the UK just cleaning a sink, a bath and loo and taking shower curtain down every so often to wash that too! Much more civilised!!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
I agree with this!! I hate cleaning the shower cubicle too.... was much simpler in the UK just cleaning a sink, a bath and loo and taking shower curtain down every so often to wash that too! Much more civilised!!
Do you clean your shower cubicle Indiebird ???? I can recommend a spray...all you do is spray walls/glass door with product when getting out, obv' not having glasses on cant see what I'm doing but it does smell nice.... When I do put glasses back on room too steamy to see if sparkly clean.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.