Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Best deals on broadband

Best deals on broadband

Old Mar 16th 2023, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best deals on broadband

Ignore the wifi figure, that is from a weak signal position.
Old Mar 17th 2023, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

BigBlu is certainly not faster than fibre. I have FTTH in the office and its 2.5 gig. . At home I get around 30 in down and 8 in up, fine for email,web and netflix and uploading the security cam footage etc. Sorry too because its now owned by Eutelsat. It was Viacom and then Putin zapped it last year, so I had nothing for 3 months. Then viacom sold to eutelsat and it got back online.
Old Mar 17th 2023, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute

For what its worth Fastweb are offering me download at 2.5 gigabyte per second and upload at 300 gigabyte per second for 26.95 euro per month which is not only six euro a month cheaper but hugely faster.
Old Mar 17th 2023, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

A word of warning - Fastweb offered this to me. I cant have it - I live more than 4km from the nearest cabin, and the best anyone could give me is less than 1Mb, which is like going back to a dial up 56k modem. They offer you the deal, but when you read the small print it says ' or what is possible'... If you live out in the country, I doubt they'll give you FTTH. If you go onto a rival website and check the copertura, you can see if you're covered by fibre.

Last edited by modicasa; Mar 17th 2023 at 9:59 am.
Old Mar 17th 2023, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
A word of warning - Fastweb offered this to me. I cant have it - I live more than 4km from the nearest cabin, and the best anyone could give me is less than 1Mb, which is like going back to a dial up 56k modem. They offer you the deal, but when you read the small print it says ' or what is possible'... If you live out in the country, I doubt they'll give you FTTH. If you go onto a rival website and check the copertura, you can see if you're covered by fibre.
On Trustpilot they get a terrible rating.
Old Mar 18th 2023, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Modicasa and Phil

Yep you are right I can't have the 2.5 gigabyte download. The salesman did admit that it would have to be fibre and copper where we live which I subsequently found promises up to 200 megabyte per second download which is substantially better than the 13.9 I am currently getting with TIM. Whether they can deliver this remains to be seen. As for the Trustpilot reviews well from their Website they do say there is no minimum lemgth of contract so you can leave whenever you want. I am tempted to make a Hotel California reference here to checking out but never leaving however we will see. I will keep you up to date with progress.
Incidentally we are suffering increasing problems with TIM. The connection keeps crashing which is extremely frustrating.
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

OK today was the day and I am now with Fastweb. The transfer went fine and the download speed has gone up from 15 to 45 Mbps and upload from 1 to 15 Mbps. Now I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities for things to go wrong but for the moment I have a faster service at a lower price. Over the years I have to say TIM have been a pain so I am glad to be rid of them. So now I have gone from Wind to Iliad who also seem so much better and in the UK I have abandoned EE after years of paying over the odds and gone to Lebara. It's amazing what a bit of inflation can do in terms of making you look critically at your expenditure.
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid
OK today was the day and I am now with Fastweb. The transfer went fine and the download speed has gone up from 15 to 45 Mbps and upload from 1 to 15 Mbps. Now I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities for things to go wrong but for the moment I have a faster service at a lower price. Over the years I have to say TIM have been a pain so I am glad to be rid of them. So now I have gone from Wind to Iliad who also seem so much better and in the UK I have abandoned EE after years of paying over the odds and gone to Lebara. It's amazing what a bit of inflation can do in terms of making you look critically at your expenditure.
The test comes if you need to contact customer support. I guess very few folks report to TrustPilot if everything is going well.
Old May 1st 2023, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Just in case anyone is interested the Fastweb broadband is still working fine. But then again I have not needed to contact customer support...
Old May 9th 2023, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

keithrogers is a jewel in the roughkeithrogers is a jewel in the roughkeithrogers is a jewel in the roughkeithrogers is a jewel in the rough

Has anyone used or uses Eolo ?
Our neighbour here in canigiano uses it for work and has no problems. I'm looking at 25 euros per month.
Old May 10th 2023, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

We have had Eolo for about 7 years and it works fine. We use it for streaming, general internet usage, zoom calls and our children working from home during their visits. Speed is reliably between 25 and 30 Mbps.
Unfortunately ours is an old, higher-priced contract so I may have to try renegotiating it down to the current offer.