Reload this Page >

Banking in Italy

Banking in Italy

Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

wee_westie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banking in Italy

Hi all,

anyone know of a good bank to register with in Italy? I'll be looking to send money home every month with as little charge as possible!
online banking would be good.
will be living in padova,

also... anyone know of a half decent ladies only gym in padova?

cheeri
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:48 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking in Italy

I use the Zerotonda account with Cassa di Risparmio del Veneto. It's an online account with no monthly fee. You pay only the government bollo every 3 months. You're allowed a 'free' transaction over the counter every month otherwise they charge for every subsequent transaction.

Sending payments to the UK is free of charge online. My UK First Direct account receives the funds and converts to Sterling 'free of charge' but it's a reasonable enough exchange rate, ok for small regular payments.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:07 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

As an example, I transferred 500 Euro from my Italian ac on 11/07 and on 12/07 the funds arrived to my UK ac UKP 434,44. This works out that First Direct gave an exchange rate of 0,86888. The 'actual' exchange rate on 12/07 was 0,882649 which would have brought me UKP 441,32. So I paid UKP 6,88 or 7,80 Euro for these 'free' services.

If anyone knows of a better and convenient way of sending small funds please advise, even if there is a fee involved, as long as the exchange rate is good.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

I Like Banking in Italy
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:17 pm
Pull my finger

You dyslexic punt
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Originally Posted by duffer
You dyslexic punt
What, like the pimp that bought a warehouse
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Cashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really nice

I use the Zerotonda account with Cassa di Risparmio del Veneto. It's an online account with no monthly fee. You pay only the government bollo every 3 months. You're allowed a 'free' transaction over the counter every month otherwise they charge for every subsequent transaction.
Unfortunately they've got rid of the Zerotondo account
My bank changed my account without telling me and I found out I couldn't open a new Zerotondo account with another branch as they didn't do them any more. The account they have in its place is nowhere near as good.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:26 pm
Pull my finger

You got me worried, recently my bank moved meaning not only did the address change but also my IBAN and account number!

I just checked online and it's still the Zerotonda account thank god!

I would change over to Barclays as they seem to have good offers and I also have their Italian credit card. Only thing that concerns me is that the nearest branch is miles away which would be a problem if I am required to collect something.

My Italian bank doesn't like to send me replacement cards by post and it's a real pain having to change PIN every time.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Cashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really niceCashmere Kate is just really nice

You got me worried, recently my bank moved meaning not only did the address change but also my IBAN and account number!

I just checked online and it's still the Zerotonda account thank god!
Sorry, I should have said the Zerotondo account is not available for customers opening a new account.