Reload this Page >

b & b in naples

Wikiposts

b & b in naples

Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

sheilamarsco is on a distinguished road
Default b & b in naples

can anyone recommend a good b & b in naples either in the centre or with good access to the centre. thanks
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

ellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: b & b in naples

There's a good one in Via Chiaia which is near to lots of places of interest and a good place to shop.There's Hotel Chiaia and I think they have a part which is just bed and breakfast.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:40 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at this one, Hotel Principe Napolit'amo - it's near the port which is where all the good restaurants are and most of the good shopping. It's very cheap, breakfast is okay for an Italian hotel and the rooms are clean. It has a free to use PC in the main reception area. It is no frills but safe and there is always someone on the reception. At night the outside door is locked and you get buzzed in. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. It is across the road from a bus stop serving the train station and there is a paper kiosk behind it where you can purchase tickets. At night it felt okay too because there were so many restaurants - including a MacD's! - in the vicinity. We had our two kids with us and didn't feel any more threatened than in any other big city. Closer to the centre and we would have done. Naples is bizzare in that you are safer down by the Ferry terminus than up in the centre!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

sheilamarsco is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info it's been really helpful
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

I don't know of any B and Bs really in Naples ... I had guests stay at my house or in hotels on the front - Continental and Rex are not too badly priced.

Testa, funny you ssay you felt safer down near the port rather than in the centre. Where in the centre did you mean? I they probably have more police down by the port so I imagine that would make you feel safer.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:09 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

The hotel was on via Toledo - near the castle, so close to the ferry port, not the docks? It's the fact all the shops and restaurants were there and the big shopping gallery and the palace?? It certainly felt safe! When we were walking around during the day we went to the Tourist Info in the centre in the old town and they basically told us not to go up there at night especially with children in tow...So I'm basing it on what we were told. I didn't like it around the Archaeological museum either tbh...
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

You're right it's not the safest part around the archaeological museum.

I miss Naples when I talk about it on here...Got Italian telly on too at the mo. Watching Amici
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

ellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura about

How can you miss Italian TV? I think the only decent programmes are the news as they really tell you about Italy and the rest of the world.Apart from these..... nothing.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:59 pm
The Original Red Head!

Same reason I watch Dr. Who and crave Crunchies I suppose.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ellybelly
How can you miss Italian TV? I think the only decent programmes are the news as they really tell you about Italy and the rest of the world.Apart from these..... nothing.
Ellybelly, at no point did I say I missed Italian tv I said I missed Naples (at times), and that I was watching Italian telly - don't confuse the 2 OH watches it, and it keeps my Italian up to scratch.