average pay

Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:29 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute
Default average pay

What is the average pay in Sicily? Does 17500 euros sound correct?

Just wondering - seems low -
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: average pay

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere

My wife is a teacher and takes home 1200.00 euros per month after tax. Northern Italy.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:29 am
Capo di nessuno capo

stefanaccio is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely possible to surpass this sum. Totò Riina averaged a tad more than 1750 euros/months. But he had much difficulty eating in public restaurants so he could not resist the opportunity to transfer to Ascoli where he is now purported to reside.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

I presume this is per annum (= €1450 pcm). Gross or net? Dipendente or lavoro autonomo? Doing what job? Other benefits?
Old Jul 9th 2011, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Its a good wage for Sicily - average wage in Sicily is 800 pcm take home.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 3:29 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - 800euros

I am really surprised it is so little - thats incredible

Anyhow, it was just a passing look at wages etc and I found 17500 as the average in Sicily with Milan being around 28000 and was surprised it was quite as low.

thanks
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Wow - 800euros

I am really surprised it is so little - thats incredible

Anyhow, it was just a passing look at wages etc and I found 17500 as the average in Sicily with Milan being around 28000 and was surprised it was quite as low.

thanks
I have my wife's nephew staying with me for a few weeks and I have just asked him what the average months wage is Sicily is. He laughed and said " the average wage in Sicily is nothing" But then his yearly contract was not renewed this year so he is in Northern Italy looking for work.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

unclejoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on the area and the job, but average salaries in Sicily range from 18,500 to 15,000 so your figure is in the middle there.

(ref pay in Italy)
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

turivano is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the wages are generally lower in Italy but do you think these are further skewed by the 'cash deals', black market and general trend towards corruption and tax evasion?

The quantity of large companies in the north may mean that the tax man keeps a closer eye on things?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

If only average wages in Sicily were so high, Uncle Joe - the figures are biased as you can only really know how much the public sector earn - and are further skewed because the tax office decide how much you earn via the studi di settore, and that bears no relation to what is actually earned/paid.

Where I am - a shop assistant earns around 600 per month,take home. a secretary between 800 and 1000.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

unclejoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by modicasa
If only average wages in Sicily were so high, Uncle Joe - the figures are biased as you can only really know how much the public sector earn - and are further skewed because the tax office decide how much you earn via the studi di settore, and that bears no relation to what is actually earned/paid.

Where I am - a shop assistant earns around 600 per month,take home. a secretary between 800 and 1000.
You're right of course; these are "official" figures which will probably also tell us that doctors are earning less than a thousand a month and local MPs are on the bread line!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

bobgb is an unknown quantity at this point

i work in a local factory working shifts including nights and take home roughly 1200 euros a month generally the pay is a little less than in the uk,ten years it was a walk in the park with general things a lot cheeper not now