Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Australian looking to buy in Cianciana

Australian looking to buy in Cianciana

Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Steve TO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian looking to buy in Cianciana

Oh and by the way we purchased through Myhouse who were great. Can't recall if anyone mentioned it but they have an English speaker so no problems there. They helped us every step of the way, including looking after the house while we're away.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:24 am
Just Joined

ebriel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Jai, where in Oz are you? I'm currently in western Sydney, but will head to Cianciana in a few weeks to sign the final papers and get to work restoring a small place I've bought there, through MyHouse, who've been very thorough so far, particularly Joe, their English-speaking agent.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:28 am
Just Joined

NB: Anyone in Cianciana there from mid-Feb through end of April, just PM me if you'd like to meet...
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:19 am
Hil
Forum Regular

Hil is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve To! Of course we remember you. I think you've said it all beautifully. See you in the summer! Ciao Hilary & David
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Steve TO is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent Hil. Hope David's well. Will pm you in a sec have a quick question if you don't mind. Wish we were there!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

kabela is an unknown quantity at this point

i am waiting for my wife to get feedback on whether she can take half a day off as she teaches and the new semester has just started so it is a bit dicey changing a lecture now before the semester settles down.

Buona sera a tutti e speriamo che ci incontriamo subito
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:14 am
Just Joined

jaigalliott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebriel
Hello Jai, where in Oz are you? I'm currently in western Sydney, but will head to Cianciana in a few weeks to sign the final papers and get to work restoring a small place I've bought there, through MyHouse, who've been very thorough so far, particularly Joe, their English-speaking agent.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!
Hi Ebriel,

Sorry for the slow reply

Finally, an Aussie! I live in the Hunter Valley, but I am in either Ryde or Smithfield at least once a week.

When are you travelling over to Cianciana? I've been thinking about going myself.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your property and where did you buy? Does it need much renovation work?

Would be great to hear much more about your experiences. I have been tossing up whether to buy in Cianciana for a few months, but I haven't yet built up the confidence.

Send me a PM if you'd prefer.

Cheers,

Jai.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Hi Jai, sending you a PM now.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

WrknActor is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Australian looking to buy in Cianciana

Hi all,

I, too, have recently been to Cianciana (just got back last week) and am in the process of purchasing a small holiday home there. The people are wonderful, and using MyHouse as the agent was the best decision. I am an American living in Chicago, and am thoroughly excited to start this new adventure.

The place we purchased is in really good shape (especially for the price we paid). It does need some work (mostly cosmetic -with some plumbing thrown in), but the structure and the finish overall is really quite good.

I am expecting a good deal of reno "surprises" once I get back in April to start working on the place. At least that way I won't be caught off-guard.

I will try to keep posted anyone interested on my progress as I work on the place. I know I need to get a plumber in there to do the "legit" work, but the rest is all on me.

Hope to meet those of you in Cianciana when I get back in April.

Steve
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:06 pm
Hil
Forum Regular

Hil is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Cianciana Steve from Chicago.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Hi All

we are soon in Cianciana Ferry tickets booked for 11th (tomorrow week). hope to see some property and if we find something we like.....
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

paquita is an unknown quantity at this point

How exciting for you!!Good luck!!
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Well well well.....we have been to Cianciana TWICE in as many months . The first time to view some properties (March), the second last week to sign the Compromesso. YES we loved a particular property the first time round and got round to signing it off. Now we plan to come up to sign the final deed in June/July....and also spend some time there.

Cianciana is truly an amazing little village, and we have seen it also at its best in Holy Week. The people are amazingly friendly, and especially so if you try to make the effort to speak Italian. We have always loved Sicily and this is one of the reasons that we are buying property there. The number of lovely places and things to do and sights to see is neverending.

This time round we have discovered a remarkable restaurant in Montallegro (25 mins from Cianciana). Damiano the chef claims that he worked in a number of Michelin restaurants, and the evidence of this is in the amazing food served!! His wife Adriana, is such a pleasant host that compliments her husband's food perfectly. They have built a lovely boutique hotel with only 5 rooms in it. These are amazing rooms, especially the suite upstairs with the view of the mountain across. We spent one night there - yes we cut the "accommodation" in Cianciana short by one day. We were in Cianciana with another couple and although close family (brother and his wife), we do not like sharing bathrooms!!

Finally, I had read in previous threads that Joe Guida (myhouse) was a very nice guy, and to be honest everything was so positive about him that I initially suspected that these comments could have been exaggerated/planted (apologies to Joe if you are reading this ). After having met and dealt with him, I can confirm that he is such an excellent guy to do business with, and employs exemplary moral ethical behaviour, with no hidden agendas. I will not hesitate to refer him and the agency he represents to anyone.

regards to all & hope to see some of you in Cianciana
kenneth & Sharon
Old May 4th 2011, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

paquita is an unknown quantity at this point

So happy for you Kabela!!Congratulations!!
Old May 5th 2011, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

sicily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
My wife and I have undertaken a rebuild in Sicily, we started in 2009 by demolishing the old wreck we bought and havin g a brand new structure built.

The reccession and rising build costs stopped us, but are soon ready to start work again to hopefully get one floor finished so we can use it.
I have to say we were seduced into this option and it has been very costly, but we are in it now and we must push on and finish what we hope will not only be a holiday home for us 50% bettween UK and Sicily but a legacy for our children and grandchildren to enjoy for generations after we are gone.

Renovating would be the prefered option but I would given the chance again buy livable with just cosmetic repairs etc to do.

As for Cianciana, When we were first looking around to buy property in Sicily we looked at Caccamo and decided it wasnt for us but the company we looked at was sicilypropertybrokers.com fun by Franco leone and his assistant Franca both speak perfect english as Franco grew up in enfield UK and Franca is from Canada and married to a Sicilian they have properties all over the place for sale but my main point is that Franco lives in Cianciana and could be very useful and helpful to know. We did not buy a property through their company in the end but had we found the right place would have been happy to deal with them, they are very nice genuine people.

If you speak to them say hi from David and Maria that bought in termini imerese.

Hope this helps.
David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.