Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Asbestos fibres in tap water in Umbria

Asbestos fibres in tap water in Umbria

Old Dec 27th 2019, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Asbestos fibres in tap water in Umbria

Residents of Provincia di Perugia have complained about their cloudy tap water so ASL are starting to measure levels of asbestos in the new year. Evidently a lot of water is delivered in asbestos cement pipes that are coming to the end of life and are begining to break down.
Some towns in the UK have the same trouble where the government says there is no health risk. I might be tempted to install a water filter.
https://www.ft.com/content/98e80238-...1-8d9ef1626294

Last edited by philat98; Dec 27th 2019 at 7:12 am.
Old Dec 27th 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asbestos fibres in tap water in Umbria

Asbestosis is a lung disease resulting from the inhalation of asbestos particles - completely different ball game to consuming traces of it.
Old Dec 27th 2019, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asbestos fibres in tap water in Umbria

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
Asbestosis is a lung disease resulting from the inhalation of asbestos particles - completely different ball game to consuming traces of it.
The thing that worries me slightly is that in Italy the cement business is often in the hands of the mob. You never know what they added to their asbestos cement when they were manufacturing the water pipes.
I hadn't realised that water was distributed in asbestos cement pipes. I thought they were using metal or plastic piping.

Last edited by philat98; Dec 27th 2019 at 11:48 am.