Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

applying for residence

applying for residence

Closed Thread

Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

asik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really nice
Default applying for residence

Hello all,

I am sure this topic has been discussed before but I don't seem to be able to locate it in the forum. If it is so please point me in the right direction.

I bought a house in Abruzzo over a year ago and finishing renovating it. After submitting a request for residency in the commune vigili came in but I wasn't there. Now the commune tell me that only when my house is livable can I apply. What is the procedure for residence application? Do I have to live in the house permanently or can I get away with say 6-7 months in a year?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:16 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for residence

Just re-apply when you've finished and you can stay for a few weeks to give the vigili time to come. As we've said before, they only want to make sure who and how many people actually live there. It just has to be your main residence, we were resident for years in Turin but only went a few weeks a year. When you've finished renovating, invite your neighbours round for drinks and let them have a good nose round. Very un British but very good for neighbourly relations. Be prepared for some down right rude criticism.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

asik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really nice

Originally Posted by ROSALINDANN View Post
Just re-apply when you've finished and you can stay for a few weeks to give the vigili time to come. As we've said before, they only want to make sure who and how many people actually live there. It just has to be your main residence, we were resident for years in Turin but only went a few weeks a year. When you've finished renovating, invite your neighbours round for drinks and let them have a good nose round. Very un British but very good for neighbourly relations. Be prepared for some down right rude criticism.
Thank you, Rosalindann. Great idea about the drinks. I have made quite a few friends in the village already, so it shouldn't be a problem to get a crowd together.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:49 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry ... but after reading what you wrote ...are you sure that the comune are not after a "certificato di agibilità" to say that your house is okay for living in ...... and once you have that then you can apply for residency.

Were you just out when the vigili came or out of Italy? They usually come around again if you are not there the first time.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza View Post
Sorry ... but after reading what you wrote ...are you sure that the comune are not after a "certificato di agibilità" to say that your house is okay for living in ...... and once you have that then you can apply for residency.

Were you just out when the vigili came or out of Italy? They usually come around again if you are not there the first time.
I was out of Italy but my builders were in the house. I arrived the day after that and went straight to the commune to tell them I was staying in the village for a week and if the vigili could drop in then. But nobody came over.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:04 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

So the vigili came and saw the builders and the new work ............

You might really need to get a "certificato di agibilità".
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:31 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

If you've had major work done you will need a cert. of agibilità/abitabilità for which you need to contact the ufficio tecnico. Then you can apply for residency. Are you renovating or did you hire a geometra? If it was a geometra he should have done that paperwork for you.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

If you've had major work done you will need a cert. of agibilità/abitabilità for which you need to contact the ufficio tecnico. Then you can apply for residency. Are you renovating or did you hire a geometra? If it was a geometra he should have done that paperwork for you.
I hired a geometra who founbd a builder for me (who works in the commune). But nobody has mentioned any certificato di agibilità before. This is actually the first time I've heard of it. Will call the commune and ask them.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:30 pm
Concierge

Your geometra should have sorted this out. They're certs. to say you comply with building regulations for room hight, drainage, heating and wiring etc. It's his job so while I'm sure he has, just check. Can we all come to the house warming.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Your geometra should have sorted this out. They're certs. to say you comply with building regulations for room hight, drainage, heating and wiring etc. It's his job so while I'm sure he has, just check. Can we all come to the house warming.
Absolutely! I will let you know when the renovation is completed! Thank you for your help.