Reload this Page >

Anyone in North Italy

Anyone in North Italy

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:38 am
Just Joined

gaellejo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in North Italy

Originally Posted by phoebeluton
is there a pub in verona that sells tennants? i lived in glasgow for four years and i miss it so much!
hi phoebe,

are you still in verona ?? i'm in verona since 3 months with my husband , i'm french (i visited glasgow by the way ...) and i would be interested into meeting expats
see you
gaelle
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:17 pm
phoebepianoforte

phoebeluton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by duffer
you miss glasgow??
i do! glasgow is an amazing city and there is nothing like a pint of tennants to calm a hangover.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:15 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

i do! glasgow is an amazing city and there is nothing like a pint of tennants to calm a hangover.
the super variety??
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:02 pm
phoebepianoforte

phoebeluton is an unknown quantity at this point

no. nobody drinks that stuff in glasgow, except of course neds, bams and jakeys. nasty stuff. you would only drink it if your buckfast had run out.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:00 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

no. nobody drinks that stuff in glasgow, except of course neds, bams and jakeys. nasty stuff. you would only drink it if your buckfast had run out.
I have no idea what any of that meant. But I'm sure if you live near to the mountains it could come in handy as an alternative to anti-freeze, no?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

LouisaB has a brilliant futureLouisaB has a brilliant futureLouisaB has a brilliant futureLouisaB has a brilliant futureLouisaB has a brilliant futureLouisaB has a brilliant futureLouisaB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cryout
I am sorry for you guys...North of Italy (and Italy in general) is not a great place live...

I am Italian and currently struggling to get the Canadian PR status, if you need any information and I can help you out with something let me know!
Whaddya mean northern Italy is not great. Northern Italy is beautiful, with its lakes, mountains, national parks, vineyards and great people. I've been here more than 5 years now and it beats the dreary old UK hands down. But as they say, the grass is always greener. L
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Nuvoletta is an unknown quantity at this point

we just moved to Scandiano, no English shop here! We are buying a house up near Villa Minozza in the mountains, seems to be a few Brits up that way.

Perhaps after reading this I should buy a van a visit you all with stuff like Marmite, squash, bacon, Cheddar cheese and Branston..

Thing I miss the most is a good pint of proper ale; beer here is fizzy and too cold.. ho hum.. cant have it all I suppose.. back to the UK next week, first stop will be the curry house! but as I'm returning on my Mo-cycle,(any of you guys into your bikes at all?) room for tins of beans and Ambrosia rice pudding are a bit limited..
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Beep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the rough

hiyas

I've been living In Verona for 15 months now and just came across this site the other day.

When I read on this thread that there was a shop that sold Walkers crisps I got all excited (how sad) and then futher on i read that it is no more.

Anyway just a note to say hi to anyone out there in my neck of the woods
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

yellowdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to anyone in Liguria! I'm in Genova.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:22 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Are you still in Schio? I lived there for years but am now in Piovene Rocchette..... so just "up the road" from you.

Originally Posted by Donederds
Hi
I moved to Schio, Vicenza at the end of September and was wondering the same thing... I'm already craving to talk to someone properly in English instead of simplified, stilted English. Have come over alone without knowing the language so it's really a big step and experience for me.

Is there any English native speakers near here that fancy a coffee, drink or chat? Or anyone that can teach me some survical Italian?! :0)

Donna
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:00 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Are you still in Schio? I lived there for years but am now in Piovene Rocchette..... so just "up the road" from you.
No. Donna has moved back to England. Vicenza just wasn't doing it for her. A few of us expats met up for a drink & pizza a couple of times to have a good old moan!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Vincent01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need advise Anyone in North Italy- ADVISE GRAZIE

Im living in Edinburgh Scotland and looking to purchase a nice apartment within 1- 1.1/4 hours drive of Malpensa airport.
Can anyone recommend a fantastic town/ city/ with pleanty to do and also fantastic views of the lakes etc. Young trendy vibrant location would be as welcome as possible.
Iam hoping to spend 4 months a year in Italy with a view to living permanently.
Looking for 2 bed property up to £200K uk sterling .
Its important I can land at Malpensa and drive within rasonable time.
Id consider not just the lakes but a full radius of the Malpensa airport in Northern Italy.
Can anyone put me wise on any "Pros and Cons /positives and negaitives " and if anyone would like to share thier expoeriences of buying a home in Italy Id be delighted to hear.

Best regards
Vincent
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

yellowdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Como is your best bet or nearby
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sands will become famous soon enough

with all due respect, i don't think Italy coupled with 'young, trendy and young' really go together! You may be a tad disppointed I think - I would suggest Spain i.e. Sitges or Barcelona perhaps
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Vincent01 is an unknown quantity at this point

SPAIN ??????????????? you must be kidding Spain couldnt lick Italys boot..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.