Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Anyone in North Italy

Anyone in North Italy

Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

kathrynverona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in North Italy

thought I'd join in as well seiing as we're being all cosy and friendly.
I live close to lake garda and work in verona, i've been over here for 8 years but occasionally go through low periods when I want to go home.
If anyone fancys dropping in for a cheese and pickle sarnie or going for a coffee then my fridge is always open and reasonably well stocked. Can't beat the north of Italy for the variety of places to visit and things to do and its a bit more organised than the south (only a bit mind..)
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:30 pm
Donna Edwards

Donederds is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kathy

It must be so lovely living so close to the lakes. I moved to Schio End of Sept to get some teaching experience out here and the lakes are on as my first thing i'd like to visit!

I have moved out here by myself and don't speak a word of Italian so it's good to hear that there are English people out there and near by. I'm already craving a normal unstilted English conversation and can't wait to go back home for christmas to recharge the batteries. Can get a bit lonely here at times.

If you fancy a chat sometime or to meet up lat me know, or if you have seen marmite or fruit squash anywhere also let me know. That's another one of my cravings!!!

Donna
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Donederds
Hi Kathy

It must be so lovely living so close to the lakes. I moved to Schio End of Sept to get some teaching experience out here and the lakes are on as my first thing i'd like to visit!

I have moved out here by myself and don't speak a word of Italian so it's good to hear that there are English people out there and near by. I'm already craving a normal unstilted English conversation and can't wait to go back home for christmas to recharge the batteries. Can get a bit lonely here at times.

If you fancy a chat sometime or to meet up lat me know, or if you have seen marmite or fruit squash anywhere also let me know. That's another one of my cravings!!!

Donna
We will be getting a big crowd to come over to you by the sound of it, Kathy! You should take out shares in the British shop you found in Verona

Donna, we haven't been to the lakes yet either so when we do we will let you know and we'll make a day of it.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

kathrynverona is an unknown quantity at this point

my house is open to all of you, just let me know when and I'll put the kettle on! have a great weekend
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Clarky7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Donederds View Post
Hi
I moved to Schio, Vicenza at the end of September and was wondering the same thing... I'm already craving to talk to someone properly in English instead of simplified, stilted English. Have come over alone without knowing the language so it's really a big step and experience for me.

Is there any English native speakers near here that fancy a coffee, drink or chat? Or anyone that can teach me some survical Italian?! :0)

Donna
Hi Donna,

I'm a Brit living in Vicenza. If you fancy a coffee sometime, drop me a line.

Wayne
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Clarky7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kathrynverona View Post
my house is open to all of you, just let me know when and I'll put the kettle on! have a great weekend
Would love a nice cup of tea!

Wayne
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Great to see there are a few of us here from the Vicenza area now

If anyone fancies meeting up just shout
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

tim gordon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jessica

I've come over to teach English. Was getting stagnant in my way of life back home and needed a change. The plan is to stay here for a couple of years, get some experience and go home and start teaching there. But who know's what'll happen realistically!

If you're coming over this way meeting up would be great. I'm near Vicenza in a town called Schio but let me know where you're likely to be and i'll see if I can get there.

Thanks for replying. Good to know there are people out there willing to help!

Ciao Donna
Anyone living in Abruzzo within say 100km of pescara this part of Italy
is not often mentioned but it is really wonderful we are thinking of
possibly moving there next 18 months. So if anybody could respond
please do relating to buying a house/ jobs / cost of living /
ciao Tim
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

tim gordon is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any Brits living in Abruzzo

We are seriously thinking of moving to Italy near Pescara but Abruzzo
dose not get mentioned much?? seems strange as it is well placed for flights
and is obviously lovely like the rest of Italy?? Would like to here from anyone
living in Pescara Teramo or in that general area thanks.

Tim
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:17 pm
mst
Just Joined

mst is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jessica

I've come over to teach English. Was getting stagnant in my way of life back home and needed a change. The plan is to stay here for a couple of years, get some experience and go home and start teaching there. But who know's what'll happen realistically!

If you're coming over this way meeting up would be great. I'm near Vicenza in a town called Schio but let me know where you're likely to be and i'll see if I can get there.

Thanks for replying. Good to know there are people out there willing to help!

Ciao Donna
I am in Trento for a year so if anyone is out that way contact me
Old Jan 13th 2007, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by faronhof View Post
I'm based near venice, been out here 5 years married to an italian girl
Where near Venice are you?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

piedmontproperty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I am in Alba Piemonte, nice people, excellent food and wine and scenery.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:17 pm
mst
Just Joined

mst is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you get to Scio? It is a bit off the beaten track. I am in Trento which is not so far away. We usually live in Canada and are here on a sabbatical leave until Aug 2007. I do not have a car but let me know if you fancy a day out.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:42 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. I'm in Vicenza. I get a bit down sometimes living in Italy that I need to go back to London and stock up on Sainbury's red label teabags and economy baked beans. Also, does anyone know where I can get some Honey Nut branflakes?? I can only fit so much into my handbaggage!

I would love to meet up with some ex-pats - maybe in a bar when an English will be beating an Italian team in the Champions League in the coming weeks? Hey! even Celtic will do!

Buonagiornata!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by duffer View Post
Hello. I'm in Vicenza. I get a bit down sometimes living in Italy that I need to go back to London and stock up on Sainbury's red label teabags and economy baked beans. Also, does anyone know where I can get some Honey Nut branflakes?? I can only fit so much into my handbaggage!

I would love to meet up with some ex-pats - maybe in a bar when an English will be beating an Italian team in the Champions League in the coming weeks? Hey! even Celtic will do!

Buonagiornata!
Hi Duffer,

Would be great to meet up - a couple of us on here do so from time to time (meeting tomorrow for lunch in fact!) so just yell if you want some English company. Like the idea of the football, although I am not sure that I am as optimistic as you of the outcome! The only reason we moved here was to live in a country that had won the World Cup in our lifetime!

My hubby goes to the UK trip on business and will brings over some essentials for us - never seen Honey Nut Branflakes here but most cereal here is sweet enough IMHO!! Have you tried NaturaSi in Vicenza? They have a good selection of cereals, albeit a bit pricey. Otherwise try the British Shop in Verona (if you want details just yell).

A presto
Carrie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.