Reload this Page >

Anyone in or near como?

Anyone in or near como?

Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Bellaitalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in or near como?

Ciao tutti,

I have been in como for 7 months now, working as nanny, and still struggling to meet English speaking people. Anyone living here?

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2010, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in or near como?

Hi there
welcome to the forum
I'm sure we had someone on here recently who was moving to Como. Unfoturnately I cant remember her member name
Maybe someone else can come up with the name - she was going to teach I think.
Milan has a huge expat community - take a look at the online expat magazine - it might help you.
its called easymilano
good luck
Old Mar 20th 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I'm in Varese - huge English speaking community here. Also in Ispra - not sure which is closer to you. It takes me an hour to get to Como - even though it is only about 30km. Probably too far for you?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I'm in Varese - huge English speaking community here. Also in Ispra - not sure which is closer to you. It takes me an hour to get to Como - even though it is only about 30km. Probably too far for you?
Thanks Guys, and yes I am friends with the teacher lol. Thanks so much for the fast replies too.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

flyster is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm planning on staying near Como for a couple of months from June, staying up in the mountains near Premana...... the next 2 months will be spent trying to learn the language..... I have a feeling I'll be needing it!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

misssparkly is an unknown quantity at this point

I am the said teacher and yes we found each quite a few months ago

existing residents and newbies to Como always welcome to join for coffee!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

shamrock86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Im irish and Iv been living in como (on and off) for this past 3 years. . I make frequent visits there, and we (me and my comasco boyfriend) are planning to move there permanently early next year. Im would love to make some 'english speaking' contacts within the area.. p.s, we will be settling 15 min drive outside como city.

thanks..anna.

Originally Posted by Bellaitalia
Ciao tutti,

I have been in como for 7 months now, working as nanny, and still struggling to meet English speaking people. Anyone living here?

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2010, 12:55 pm
vid
Just Joined

vid is an unknown quantity at this point

Ciao tutti,

Thanks
Hi bellaItalia, I suggest that you sign up the Lugano meetup group (meetup.com).
Lugano may not be Como, but I know there are many Como expats there... and, despite it being in another country, Lugano is not that far anyway.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vid
Hi bellaItalia, I suggest that you sign up the Lugano meetup group (meetup.com).
Lugano may not be Como, but I know there are many Como expats there... and, despite it being in another country, Lugano is not that far anyway.
Thanks vid, I have joined that now. I hope something will come of it. And Anna let me know when you move. Would be great to meet for a coffee
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Mardy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all.
I am moving to Argengo on Lake Como this weekend.
I'll be trying to learn Italian and looking for work while I caretake my sister's house there.
Up for any social or sporting activites that may be going on
Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mardy
Hey all.
I'll be trying to learn Italian and looking for work while I caretake my sister's house there.
Hi Mardy,

My friend lives in argengno, how long you moving out here for? Would be great to meet up! Let me know once your settled
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Midsomer_Peter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mardy
Hey all.
Hi Mardy,
The next big sporting event around here is the Italian Grand Prix next weekend. Unfortunately I'm up in the mountains next weekend or I'd have been only to pleased to show you round, but Monza is an easy train ride from Como, and if the timetables work out, the coolest way to get to Como is by ferry (beats sitting in a traffic jam to get to Silverstone)

I'll give you your first Italian lesson for free: I think it's called Argegno
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mardy is an unknown quantity at this point

Will do, Bellaitalia. I will be out here minimum 6 months I think.
And Peter, yep Monza next weekend would have been great, I've really been into the GP this year, more thrills 'n' spills than for years. Must be mad expensive to get in though, no? And, presumably, sold out?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Midsomer_Peter is an unknown quantity at this point

Mardy,
http://www.monzanet.it/it
Friday general admission and stands € 35.00
Saturday general admission € 50.00
Sunday general admission € 70.00

The stands are expensive (except Friday when they're free) and probably sold out, but I've always found the general admission tickets are available at the gate on the day.

Friday is a cheap way of sampling the event, with space to wander around and it's easy to see, and you can still watch the race on telly on Sunday (in Italian); Sunday you'll only get to see a small slither of track but the atmosphere.... there's nothing like it.

If you are interested, I work near Monza and if you meet me there after work I can show you the lay of the land one evening this week, but as I say, you'd be on your own for the actual event.

Peter
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

nela133 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ciao tutti,

Thanks
Hi,
I'm in Como since October. I'm Polish but I know some English
I'll be glad to meet English speaking people to. My Italian is rubbish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.