Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Anyone in or around Verona?

Anyone in or around Verona?

Old May 15th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

richeller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in or around Verona?

Yes Ms Luton, I see your point!!!! I did initially think there must be an easier way to get up your stairs, but obviously not. Party at your place then???? When should we have it?? I will bring all that is required!!
Old May 15th 2008, 9:23 am
phoebepianoforte

phoebeluton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I thought that you could also RENT crutches from the hospital.

Are you going to try and sell them on EBay.it after you have finished with them ???? lol

well, luckily richeller's friend had some spare, so i didn't need to buy and in the end. you can rent them also. i'm pretty awful on them so i am going to try and do as much work as i can in the flat.
Old May 15th 2008, 10:00 am
phoebepianoforte

phoebeluton is an unknown quantity at this point

definitely party at mine! we can do a saturday early evening. actually i am free any day so i don't know why i am picking that day! we can make some antipasti and spritz. when is everyone available?
Old May 15th 2008, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

italyexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Anyone in or around Verona?

Originally Posted by Faye Allen
For some reason not giving you crutches...doesn't surprise me...
I hope you are ok?
Absolutely if you need anything give me a shout...we can put that Sprizer on ice!
Faye I think you need some entertainment while you recover, I'm a little to the west of you, but only by 200 kms or so. Loved the crutches comment! Im about to go for a knee op, so we could become collaborators. Sorry about your mishap. Here's my blog to cheer you up. leave me a cooment with your add and ill mail you. Donna,

read rules 9 and 18

Last edited by jdr; May 15th 2008 at 5:16 pm.
Old May 29th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

For all expats living in Verona, we are having a little 'get together' this Sat night. I have e mailed some of you personally through this thread. If you can't make it this time, we are hoping to make it a regular thing. Please e mail or private message me for more details.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

sarahghislaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richeller
For all expats living in Verona, we are having a little 'get together' this Sat night. I have e mailed some of you personally through this thread. If you can't make it this time, we are hoping to make it a regular thing. Please e mail or private message me for more details.
Hey anyone still checking this thread or are you all on holiday? My name's Sarah and am moving to Verona shortly..would love to get in touch with you all!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:57 am
Just Joined

jbdm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faye Allen
Hi,
I am a British woman living and working in Verona, I've been here 5 months - but now the nicer weather is coming it's time to come out of hiding...
Would love to meet other English speaking people.
Hi, I'm Joe, dual national, I live in Sona and would be happy to meet up with some English speaking people. cheers
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ok.......... we are organising another aperitivo evening this Saturday night. We are going to head into Verona, somewhere close to the arena. Please let us know who is interested!!!! Hopefully you are not all on holidays!!!!! We are not sure where we will meet yet, depends on numbers. 8pm Saturday... look forward to seeing you all there!! If you did not make it last time, hopefully this one will do-able.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

kathrynverona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm interested. It would be nice to actually speak to someone and not just send cyber messages to and fro... I've heard there's an English evening in a villa near Cavalcaselle (VR) with "english"music...not sure what that means or when exactly but very soon. I'll take a look on the internet and pass on the info.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Trees are green is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

Can't make it Sat Babysitting probs! Blimey, it's hard with 2 kids under 5!!!

Have a great time!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Teresa,
We can organize another time at that pizza place near grande mele that has a garden and is child friendly. We can do that soon. Let me know when you are available and your baby can vomit on us there!!!!
See you soon
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:30 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kathrynverona
Hi, I'm interested. It would be nice to actually speak to someone and not just send cyber messages to and fro... I've heard there's an English evening in a villa near Cavalcaselle (VR) with "english"music...not sure what that means or when exactly but very soon. I'll take a look on the internet and pass on the info.
you are right to "wonder what that means " ...........

in March the kids and I and a whole group of friends went to a birreria to celebrate St Patrick's night. The place had been advertising for ages and we were looking forward to a bit of good old traditional foklore (my dad is irish).

I had decorated Chloe's cheeks with a green glittery shamrock and everyone was wearing something green as tradition wants.

AND the guys started playing ..................
not a single irish song !

They had advertised themselves as being a celtic band. The bloody birreria had hired them without a trial and they were SPANISH CELTIC GUITARS !!!!!!!

So much for the kids and I singing along to our ould favourites!!!!! They were good players I imagine but nothing at all to do with irish - what a dissapointment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

vincenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in or around Verona/vicenza?

hey all. im new to this site and to vicenza... anyone still wana get togetha? (SNIP) vincenzo

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Sep 6th 2008 at 6:05 pm. Reason: Vincenzo, not a good idea to put your mobile on a public site
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:09 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in or around Verona/vicenza?

Originally Posted by vincenzo
hey all. im new to this site and to vicenza... anyone still wana get togetha? (SNIP) vincenzo
but are you English ?
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

vincenzo is an unknown quantity at this point

yea im english..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.