Reload this Page >

Anybody in Verona?

Anybody in Verona?

Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

remoak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody in Verona?

Hi Folks,

I may shortly be moving to Verona to take up a contract, does anybody have any advice on finding accomodation (apartment or similar), near the airport? Also, how easy is it to sort out utilities etc.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anybody in Verona?

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum

There are a few of us on this forum from Verona and around - I am in Vicenza, about 45 minutes away from Verona.

The easiest route to finding accomodation, seeing as you are not actually living here, may be to contact a property agent - you will pay for the priviledge but they can at least line up suitable properties for you to view. Are you planning on coming for a visit to sort this out before you move over?

Utilities are dealt with very differently here to in the UK. There is a central office where some bills are sorted out (well, there is one in Vicenza so I assume there is also one in Verona for the same). Some things can be sorted out on the phone or on-line but do not expect things to be done as quickly as you are probably used to! Our property agent helped us as we did not know the system, so it may be worth asking whoever you rent your property from for advice on where to go and who to contact. You will also probably be faced with connection/admin charges for setting up bills in your name so be prepared for this.

Hope your move goes smoothly - if you have any other questions just shout

Carrie
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:34 am
Just Joined

remoak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody in Verona?

Hi there, and thanks for the welcome.

The plan is that the company I will be working for will provide me with a hotel while I look for an apartment - they give me the hotel for a month.

I have been looking at the Interlingua Lazise website, which has given me a few ideas. Do you know if they are reputable?

Also, what is the situation with local taxes (like the community charge in the UK)?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

KimberlyA is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Anybody in Verona?

Hi, I have a cousin over there, but she's never in town always traveling.