Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Anybody in a lockdown zone?

Anybody in a lockdown zone?

Old Mar 10th 2020, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody in a lockdown zone?

In Umbria there are 37 positive cases with10 patients hospitalized with Covid19. There are 2 in intensive care. All normal hospital appointments have been cancelled at Terni. Even with so few cases in the region the health system is feeling the strain.
Old Mar 10th 2020, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Selce is an unknown quantity at this point

I am returning to uk next week, I guess the flight details will suffice for my journey to airport in hire car?
Old Mar 10th 2020, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Selce
I am returning to uk next week, I guess the flight details will suffice for my journey to airport in hire car?
Not clear whether there'll be any flights to catch.....
Old Mar 10th 2020, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
Not clear whether there'll be any flights to catch.....
i have seen press saying flights cancelled from Saturday
on ryanair no such information
clear as mud
Old Mar 10th 2020, 1:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

i have seen press saying flights cancelled from Saturday
on ryanair no such information
clear as mud
RyanAir itself is still saying business as usual, it'd be worth checking regularly though to see if that changes. https://www.ryanair.com/lv/en/useful...virus-covid-19

Old Mar 10th 2020, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
RyanAir itself is still saying business as usual, it'd be worth checking regularly though to see if that changes. https://www.ryanair.com/lv/en/useful...virus-covid-19
thanks, seen that one and as you say flight ok.
i am not holding my breath, either way got to return hire car.
initial question was traveling to airport, now it's, is there a plane.
strange times
Old Mar 10th 2020, 1:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

strange times
Strange times indeed. Have just seen this on the BBC Live Feed
Ryanair has announced it has cancelled all international flights to and from Italy from Saturday until 9 April.

Passengers who need to return home can switch to one of the flights operating up to the end of the day on Friday.

A Ryanair spokesman said: "Ryanair apologises sincerely to all customers for these schedule disruptions, which are caused by national government restrictions and the latest decision of the Italian government to lock down the entire country to combat the Covid-19 virus."

Meanwhile, British Airways is cancelling all UK-Italy flights until 4 April, and airline Jet2 has cancelled their flights to and from the country until 26 April.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-51811969
Old Mar 10th 2020, 2:40 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

strange times
Anyone who needs to return home is allowed to travel to the airport/port/station. Whether there will be a plane is getting less and less likely.
Old Mar 11th 2020, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just been to renew my tessera sanitaria at the ASL. The assistant is behind glass wearing a face mask that doesn't make for easy communication. She told me next time I will need a permesso di sorgiorno permanente. At another shop they had built a plastic box around the counter and everyone is shouting.
Old Mar 11th 2020, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Our local shops have varying procedures- gloves or not, hand gel or not, wait one metre away from the person in front at the till-but inside the shop this does not apply.
Only one person at a time inside the farmacia-queue outside. Most people are wearing masks but you can't buy any now!
My Italian is very poor but now I don't understand anything that people who wear masks say DOH!
Old Mar 11th 2020, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

PSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond repute

In my comune where I am a resident, I know I can go to the supermarket and the chemist etc, but..........can I go out for lunch without getting a sanzione ?...............obviously it's not an emergency

PSG
Old Mar 11th 2020, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

All the Health Service Offices are making people queue outside. It is a good thing that the warm weather is returning. Lets hope a good blast of summer heat gets rid of the problem.
Old Mar 11th 2020, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

I don't know what to make of this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...avel-home.html
Old Mar 11th 2020, 6:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sancho
That's usually how I feel after reading a DM article.

"Driving through the night" seems a bit melodramatic, for a journey between two cities that are only 115kms apart!

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 11th 2020 at 7:21 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2020, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

An interesting article explaining the situation in Italy and warning against indecision.. https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...120514339.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.