Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Old May 4th 2020, 1:01 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
I listened to (the weasel) O’Leary on radio 4 the other day, and I know he can be economical with everything, but he clearly stated that anyone that wanted a refund could have one, just that they would have to wait…. It’s the latter where the BBC interviewer should have picked him up on. He said they were currently processing March refunds and seemed to suggest that this time lag was getting worse. He said they had millions to process and with less staff and that they could not recruit the numbers they need.... Obviously they don’t scrutinise anything when taking your money, but they would have to if refunding you! But to be fair, he came across okay for O’Leary.
Maybe he was being nice because he knows that he is breaking the law. Take a look at any FB refund page and you'll see that people are only receiving unsolicited vouchers and if they refuse them, they will have to wait until the end of the Corvid emergency for a refund. Personally, I'm OK with vouchers, but a lot of people are saying that they need the money. I pity the call centres employees.

Old May 7th 2020, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret M
OK thanks, it will be interesting to see.
So, I haven't had the email but my flight has been cancelled. There is a button to request a refund, but it doesn't allow you to choose who wants a refund, so you are stuck.
Old May 8th 2020, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

So, I haven't had the email but my flight has been cancelled. There is a button to request a refund, but it doesn't allow you to choose who wants a refund, so you are stuck.
I eventually received the email, and was able to complete the form to request a refund - will see how that pans out. Couple of hours later I received an email saying I should reserve my seat or risk being in the centre seat
Old May 8th 2020, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

I eventually received the email, and was able to complete the form to request a refund - will see how that pans out. Couple of hours later I received an email saying I should reserve my seat or risk being in the centre seat
It's a race now,who posts first with news of their refund in a few months time,lol.
Old May 12th 2020, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Another update,got an email with a voucher number and offer.There are still 2 options,I chose to decline and ended up with an online chat with an agent that only entailed a 5 min wait to get connected.After initially trying to get me to accept the voucher she started the ball rolling.I expect to wait a few months but better than waiting a year for the voucher to expire.Next years prices seem more expensive at the moment and Alitalia was a bit cheaper.Cheers,Brian.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brian12
It's a race now,who posts first with news of their refund in a few months time,lol.
Update,recieved my refund yesterday.Even made a quid cos we paid in Euros and the pound being low at the moment.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 12:40 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Update,recieved my refund yesterday.Even made a quid cos we paid in Euros and the pound being low at the moment.
Are the drinks on you then?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Are the drinks on you then?
LOL,a virtual one unless you want to drive 700 miles.Cheers,Brian.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Still waiting for mine, all May supposed to be cleared by end of July - we shall see. Did you get the full amount? I ask as I have heard stories of them deducting the Air Passenger Tax (?) from the refunds.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting for mine, all May supposed to be cleared by end of July - we shall see. Did you get the full amount? I ask as I have heard stories of them deducting the Air Passenger Tax (?) from the refunds.
No problems,got full amount,they even sent an email 2 weeks ago to say that they haven't forgot me,lol.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

No problems,got full amount,they even sent an email 2 weeks ago to say that they haven't forgot me,lol.
Think they must have forgotten me then.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Think they must have forgotten me then.
No worries,let us know the outcome.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

No worries,let us know the outcome.
Still waiting
Old Oct 4th 2020, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting
OMG, that's a disgrace.We booked from the UK I don't know if that is any different.I'd get in contact straight away if I was you.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi,to add to that.Get on to the live chat and explain your situation,even at the height of this problem I didn't have to wait long to get through.Cheers,Brian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.