Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Old May 3rd 2020, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

The French have apparently changed their minds: here is the latest from the Guardian's France correspondent, which as been confirmed by the French Embassy in London.
"The Elysée has reportedly decided the quarantine measures will NOT apply to people arriving in France from the EU, Schengen area or UK. This is NOT what the French health minister said yesterday or what is suggested in the draft law. Complete U-turn from French authorities"
No doubt the situation will become clearer in the next few days, but immediate panic over.
Old May 3rd 2020, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 37100
No mention of vouchers, but they send them anyway.
Very confidant reply.I speak from the horses mouth.Proof please.
Old May 3rd 2020, 6:09 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
Just do a simple internet search.
https://www-ilmattino-it.cdn.ampproj...20%25251%2524s
Old May 3rd 2020, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
It seems to have been made quite clear that visiting a friend is not allowed because they are not congiunti or affetti stabili. I beg to disagree given that my friendships here are a lot more 'stable' than those with my Italian in-laws. Italy still seems to be stuck in the extended family network forgetting that some people don't have family in the same region and some don't have any family at all. I saw a FAQ section where an old lady said that she had no family so could a friend visit her and the answer was no.
There is nothing to stop you going for a walk with your friend.
Old May 3rd 2020, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

winston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to behold

No mention of vouchers, but they send them anyway.
If you paid by card ask them to create a chargeback.
Old May 4th 2020, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Unreliable 3rd hand info.My link simply stated funds will be credited back to original card of payment.As per EU law,no mention of vouchers.Perhaps they have decided to adhere to the law now,lol.
Old May 4th 2020, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute

My wife asked for a refund for her cancelled Ryanair flight and got vouchers. We've accepted them on the premise that they'll hopefully be used at some point this year, maybe in the autumn...

I also asked for a refund from DFDS for my cancelled ferry to Holland. They said they issued one almost a month ago but it seems to have vanished into limbo. Happy days...

On the subject of France and quarantine : I also saw a similar article yesterday in the Telegraph which promises no quarantine for Brits. Could just as easily be a load of bollocks though...

Last edited by Jake.White; May 4th 2020 at 6:44 am.
Old May 4th 2020, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jake.White
My wife asked for a refund for her cancelled Ryanair flight and got vouchers. We've accepted them on the premise that they'll hopefully be used at some point this year, maybe in the autumn...
Assuming Ryanair isn't bankrupt by then.
Old May 4th 2020, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
There is nothing to stop you going for a walk with your friend.
At the risk of sounding like a pantomime - oh yes there is!

Well, actually you are right, there is nothing to stop you. It's just that theoretically you are liable to be fined for doing so. The latest DPCM says that exercise must be taken individually (unless accompanying a minor or not completely self-sufficient person) - see Art 1, para 1 clause (f). Now in practice here there is a lot of blind-eying to that, you can always pretend to have just met each other by chance and just happen to be walking in the same direction, etc, but that's not the same as it being legal.
Old May 4th 2020, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

I also asked for a refund from DFDS for my cancelled ferry to Holland. They said they issued one almost a month ago but it seems to have vanished into limbo. Happy days...

On the subject of France and quarantine : I also saw a similar article yesterday in the Telegraph which promises no quarantine for Brits. Could just as easily be a load of bollocks though...
Strange,my email is only a couple of days old and offered rebooking at a later date or a refund and the refund form was simply 2 clicks.As I said, they may have changed their policy,especially as O'Leary himself was interviewed on the BBC last week.I found the other article on Reuters site.Same as the Italian petrol station shutdowns the other week,no updates and no more heard about it.I've still got an almost full tank from when I rushed out and topped up then,lol.

Last edited by brian12; May 4th 2020 at 7:21 am.
Old May 4th 2020, 7:52 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange,my email is only a couple of days old and offered rebooking at a later date or a refund and the refund form was simply 2 clicks.As I said, they may have changed their policy,especially as O'Leary himself was interviewed on the BBC last week.I found the other article on Reuters site.Same as the Italian petrol station shutdowns the other week,no updates and no more heard about it.I've still got an almost full tank from when I rushed out and topped up then,lol.
Ryanair are still saying that they'll give a refund (or you can rebook), but then they you send vouchers. They've been doing this for several weeks.
Old May 4th 2020, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Assuming Ryanair isn't bankrupt by then.
Yes, there is that.... At least BA are still listing a twice weekly flight from Heathrow - Brindisi, and I believe Easyjet offer a flight from Bristol, so those two might be options if Ryanair does go the distance.
Old May 4th 2020, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Yes, there is that.... At least BA are still listing a twice weekly flight from Heathrow - Brindisi, and I believe Easyjet offer a flight from Bristol, so those two might be options if Ryanair does go the distance.
I've just read Alitalia are scamming Calabrians returning from the North with 4 fold fare hikes.Nice one eh.
Old May 4th 2020, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I listened to (the weasel) O’Leary on radio 4 the other day, and I know he can be economical with everything, but he clearly stated that anyone that wanted a refund could have one, just that they would have to wait…. It’s the latter where the BBC interviewer should have picked him up on. He said they were currently processing March refunds and seemed to suggest that this time lag was getting worse. He said they had millions to process and with less staff and that they could not recruit the numbers they need.... Obviously they don’t scrutinise anything when taking your money, but they would have to if refunding you! But to be fair, he came across okay for O’Leary.
Old May 4th 2020, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

At least BA are still listing a twice weekly flight from Heathrow - Brindisi
Really, they only used to do flights to Bari, and only in the summer months? Will have to look into that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.