Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Old Apr 27th 2020, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all
Default Re: Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Likewise, I have a 22nd May flight booked to the UK, returning 29th. Ryanair did email me offering a change of dates without fees - but still having to pay the difference in price. No thanks, I will wait for them to cancel and give me a refund. They did also say not to try to change it to another date in May, so looks like they could be planning on cancelling more flights.

I am supposed to be going at the end of July too, to help bring grandchildren down here for 3 weeks, but that looks like it could have to be put on hold too.
They are still taking bookings from 9th May,our flight shows it operated by Air Malta,that's a first.I think July will be ok.We have friends coming over in July with a Mt Etna trip planned.Will probably put that trip on hold.JMPO.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
They are still taking bookings from 9th May,our flight shows it operated by Air Malta,that's a first.I think July will be ok.We have friends coming over in July with a Mt Etna trip planned.Will probably put that trip on hold.JMPO.
Just checked their web site - new notice saying restricted schedule extended to 14th May - yet you can book a flight from our local airport from 8th May.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Accetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond repute

Population of Basilicata is 563,000.
Virus cases 342
Deaths 24.
I suspect most of the cases will be in the two cities, Potenza or Matera.
More people have probably died in our region from falling down stairs.
I understand, accept and support the lockdown. It must be very worrying if you live in the north, but I am very ready to get out for a decent drive!
I took advantage of the holiday on Saturday - and the lack of roadblocks - to take my dog to her favourite walkies spot in the mountain. Saw nobody.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Accetturese
Population of Basilicata is 563,000.
Virus cases 342
Deaths 24.
I suspect most of the cases will be in the two cities, Potenza or Matera.
More people have probably died in our region from falling down stairs.
I understand, accept and support the lockdown. It must be very worrying if you live in the north, but I am very ready to get out for a decent drive!
I took advantage of the holiday on Saturday - and the lack of roadblocks - to take my dog to her favourite walkies spot in the mountain. Saw nobody.
Yeah but a lot of the northerners have holiday homes down here,and a few did sneak in before the lockdown.Bit NIMBY I suppose but important to contain this nightmare.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 7:39 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but a lot of the northerners have holiday homes down here,and a few did sneak in before the lockdown.Bit NIMBY I suppose but important to contain this nightmare.
There were also a lot of students and seasonal workers who had no choice, but to return home.😥
Old Apr 28th 2020, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 37100
There were also a lot of students and seasonal workers who had no choice, but to return home.😥
Those
that couldn't get back in time are stuck now because the region won't allow them back.Terrible situation.

Last edited by brian12; Apr 28th 2020 at 4:53 am.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 5:04 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong: from May 4th I'm allowed to go and visit my SIL who probably hasn't said more than ten words to me in ten years, but I'm not allowed to go and see my best friend.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be so- but fidanzati can meet - so all those hormonally charged 18 year olds can finally meet up .... and keep a metres distance.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Correct me if I'm wrong: from May 4th I'm allowed to go and visit my SIL who probably hasn't said more than ten words to me in ten years, but I'm not allowed to go and see my best friend.
Not all are following the rules so strictly. My next door neighbours managed to move house 2 weeks ago and the new neighbours are currently moving in. Strangely they were in such a hurry to move they left the washing on the drying rack outside along with all their furniture. They were resident 20 years too.

Last edited by philat98; Apr 28th 2020 at 6:29 am.
Old Apr 28th 2020, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hearing that an awful lot of people have a lot of "cousins" down here.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 8:44 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret M
I'm hearing that an awful lot of people have a lot of "cousins" down here.
I'd have a hard time persuading anybody that my Italian friends are my cousins.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'd have a hard time persuading anybody that my Italian friends are my cousins.
Husband's cousins?
Old Apr 30th 2020, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Is it possible to visit the in-laws from the 4th? Or is it restricted to close family? We’re not actually married yet though.
Old May 2nd 2020, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Update-got an email today cancelling our 20th May return flight.Quite relieved really.
Old May 2nd 2020, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Update-got an email today cancelling our 20th May return flight.Quite relieved really.
Guess mine for the 22nd May won't be far behind then. Did they give (offer) you a refund?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.