Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

Old Apr 26th 2020, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any lockdown relaxation in your area ?

I had a couple of days of jubilation at the start of the week when I read that we would be allowed to travel within our own provincia from May 4th. Wahoo . With the Veneto stretching from the sea into the mountains I had visions of days out touring - not that we could have stopped at any bars or restaurants. Then I was told I had misread the article and that it was merely a proposal: I really must improve my Italian .
Old Apr 26th 2020, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serrano
At a national level nobody is permitted to leave their comune for any except a few prescribed reasons. Which, by the way, would not include either bedding plants nor visits to IperSimply (isn't yours a Conad yet?) assuming you have food shops in your Comune.

This might or might not be eased after 3 May, but I wouldn't bank on it by any means ...
No it's currently linked with Auchan.
The Ipergrande where we used to shop in Pescara Nord is now linked to Conad and the variety of dry, canned, jarred products has plummeted so we no longer use it.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Pica are you allowed to go to Todis? Is it still open?
Old Apr 26th 2020, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
No it's currently linked with Auchan.
Be aware that the vast majority of Auchan shops were also sold to Conad (Auchan, Iper and SMA were all the same Group), so it may just be a matter of time ...
The Ipergrande where we used to shop in Pescara Nord is now linked to Conad and the variety of dry, canned, jarred products has plummeted so we no longer use it.
Strange, not that we shop much at ours, but even though I feared the worst in fact I now prefer Conad to the old Iper. Horses for courses I guess.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
We risk the 7 mile drive to IperCoop once a week.We leave at 12.30 and find all the plod are probably scoffing their pasta,hopefully.They are certainly not on the road.Knowing our luck we'd be nicked on the last week of lockdown,lol.
I make a similar length journey. I prefer 9am when the roads are busy. Funnily enough there seem to be less police checks than normal. My Ipercoop gives you a ticket at the door and some gloves. No entry without a mask. I feel very safe doing my food shopping.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Pica are you allowed to go to Todis? Is it still open?
Yes as it' in the cmr region but gloves (provided) and masks are a must or you'll be thrown out. Also shops in Piane & CMR. Did an emergency dash to San Lorenzo cantina without a problem. You're in the UK aren't you? Could be months before you're allowed here and most likely then 2 weeks self isolation.

Last edited by Pica; Apr 26th 2020 at 4:25 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

Yes as it' in the cmr region but gloves (provided) and masks are a must or you'll be thrown out. Also shops in Piane & CMR. Did an emergency dash to San Lorenzo cantina without a problem. You're in the UK aren't you? Could be months before you're allowed here and most likely then 2 weeks self isolation.
I'm in the UK too at present. Can anyone help on this question: where/how do I find out if I'm allowed to travel to Italy and if so under what conditions?
Old Apr 26th 2020, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pica, yes in the Uk for quite some time now, and it would seem a year or more! Oh, heritagestanley how do you intend to go to Italy? Not that I think you can, or indeed will be able to for some time. If you did and wanted to come back, then think hard about it as until there is a vaccine you could get stuck! Stay safe everyone....
Old Apr 27th 2020, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

With tourism such an important source of income Italy's borders will be open sooner rather than later.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
I'm in the UK too at present. Can anyone help on this question: where/how do I find out if I'm allowed to travel to Italy and if so under what conditions?
Ryanair are still showing flights to Lamezia from early May.We have a flight booked on the 20th back to UK and returning on the10th June.We're going to let it go,we feel a lot safer here than UK.Especially Calabria.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by philat98
I make a similar length journey. I prefer 9am when the roads are busy. Funnily enough there seem to be less police checks than normal. My Ipercoop gives you a ticket at the door and some gloves. No entry without a mask. I feel very safe doing my food shopping.
They've been more strict with the masks in the last week or so.Another reason for leaving at 12.30 is that the shops are almost empty.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
I'd like that question answered too if anyone has an answer.

I need to go asap to attend to my house and garden which will be looking like an abandoned wasteland by now. I'll be driving, will not come in to contact with anyone apart from at the filling stations, (although I really would like to stop at the supermaket in Southern Germany for some beer if I'm allowed) and I would be more than delighted to self isolate at my house in Puglia when I arrive for as long as it takes as I can carry food supplies with me in the van..

I'm still hopeful for maybe around the end of May as the number of deaths really seems to be falling off quite rapidly now both in the UK and in Italy, and there is talk of restrictions starting to be eased with Boris's return to government today. Germany has already lifted some restrictions although I'm not sure about the situation in Austria... ??
Old Apr 27th 2020, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jake.White
I'd like that question answered too if anyone has an answer.

I need to go asap to attend to my house and garden which will be looking like an abandoned wasteland by now. I'll be driving, will not come in to contact with anyone apart from at the filling stations, (although I really would like to stop at the supermaket in Southern Germany for some beer if I'm allowed) and I would be more than delighted to self isolate at my house in Puglia when I arrive for as long as it takes as I can carry food supplies with me in the van..

I'm still hopeful for maybe around the end of May as the number of deaths really seems to be falling off quite rapidly now both in the UK and in Italy, and there is talk of restrictions starting to be eased with Boris's return to government today. Germany has already lifted some restrictions although I'm not sure about the situation in Austria... ??
Rules, from the Ministero:

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministe...in-italia.html

While what you have described is not essential - if you own that property, plan to remain, and have the right to remain, and have the appropriate self-isolation plan in place, my guess (and it's just a guess) is that you will be allowed in.

Old Apr 27th 2020, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
Ryanair are still showing flights to Lamezia from early May.We have a flight booked on the 20th back to UK and returning on the10th June.We're going to let it go,we feel a lot safer here than UK.Especially Calabria.
Likewise, I have a 22nd May flight booked to the UK, returning 29th. Ryanair did email me offering a change of dates without fees - but still having to pay the difference in price. No thanks, I will wait for them to cancel and give me a refund. They did also say not to try to change it to another date in May, so looks like they could be planning on cancelling more flights.

I am supposed to be going at the end of July too, to help bring grandchildren down here for 3 weeks, but that looks like it could have to be put on hold too.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Rules, from the Ministero:

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministe...in-italia.html

While what you have described is not essential - if you own that property, plan to remain, and have the right to remain, and have the appropriate self-isolation plan in place, my guess (and it's just a guess) is that you will be allowed in.
Thanks for that link. I had a quick look and suspect that my reasons for going probably wouldn't be considered as absolutely necessary - even if I might think they are, uncut weeds in 35 degree heat through July and August presenting a big fire risk as they will.

I'll have to sit on it for now regardless as I can't get a ferry to the mainland from here until at least the 20th May and anything could happen between now and then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.