Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Any Brits living near/in San Vito dei Normanni?

Any Brits living near/in San Vito dei Normanni?

Old Feb 26th 2019, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

RpWCiW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits living near/in San Vito dei Normanni?

Hi,
We have recently bought a house just outside San Vito and would very much like to make contact with any Brits in the area. Are there any social groups etc or places regularly frequented?
Thanks,
Richard.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits living near/in San Vito dei Normanni?

There are lots of us, always happy to meet up for a coffee. We don't really do the "group" thing, although there is one that meets once a month at Vulcano. Not sure what night it is but I am sure the staff at Vulcano will be able to tell you. We are just outside San Vito too. Are you here permanently or is it a holiday home?
Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Good afternoon Margaret,

Thank you for the reply. We don't live in San Vito all the time as we also have a house in UK but it is far more than a holiday home. We bought it in June last year and return frequently for a few months at a time. We are due back again towards the end of March and can't wait to be there again, we like it so much and have found the people we have spoken to have been very friendly but alas we haven't yet got to know any 'Brits'. We felt sure there would be a few around. If we were in SV 100% then things would no doubt move forward more quickly. My wife Celena is really pleased and when we return I will message you on this site if that is ok?
Any useful info/news would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, many thanks and best regards,

Richard
Old Feb 28th 2019, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Richard, Will be happy to meet up when you are back. Feel free to message me through the messaging system at any time, but I think you will need to do an extra post before you will be allowed to do so. When I said "we don't really do the group thing" I meant myself and my husband, lots of others do. We do have a circle of friends we see regularly, and it is good to know there is always someone nearby who have already encountered your "problem".
Old Mar 28th 2019, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Claire11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello , I have just found this forum and would like to add that we too are buying a house in San Vito. The purchase should be completed in the next few weeks. We have put plans in for some alterations and they also should be passed on or before completion. What my OH and I want to know is ; has anyone used a "technico" and what their fees were ? In the UK I can have a set of plans drawn up and presented to the LA inc their fees for around £1200. Here I have been quoted €6000 . It seems high. Any views?
Old Mar 28th 2019, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully others will expand on this, but you need to be very careful with this and understand exactly what their “fees” include and also what is not included. There is almost a fixed minimum with any work that requires planning and it is way beyond that of the UK.
Old Mar 28th 2019, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Hopefully others will expand on this, but you need to be very careful with this and understand exactly what their “fees” include and also what is not included. There is almost a fixed minimum with any work that requires planning and it is way beyond that of the UK.
Thanks for the post we are requesting a full breakdown of costs. I note from other posts that there are a few expats in the San Vito community, perhaps having lived here a while. Do they still occasionally meet at the Vulcan? It would be very enlightening to meet up and get some advice .
Old Mar 28th 2019, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by Claire11
Hello , I have just found this forum and would like to add that we too are buying a house in San Vito. The purchase should be completed in the next few weeks. We have put plans in for some alterations and they also should be passed on or before completion. What my OH and I want to know is ; has anyone used a "technico" and what their fees were ? In the UK I can have a set of plans drawn up and presented to the LA inc their fees for around £1200. Here I have been quoted €6000 . It seems high. Any views?
By technico I presume you mean a geometra, I am confused on how you could submit a planning permission when you are not yet the legal owner of the property. For 1 room and veranda extension I had to wait 1 year for the ufficio tecnico in S Vito to approve it, in theory with the new changes it should be now a bit quicker. Out of interest which estate agent are you dealing with?
Old Mar 29th 2019, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your interest. It has been resolved ie the fees have been explained and we move forward with more confidence. Of course it really does help to have a fantastic English speaking avvocato in your camp .
Old Mar 29th 2019, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clint
By technico I presume you mean a geometra, I am confused on how you could submit a planning permission when you are not yet the legal owner of the property. For 1 room and veranda extension I had to wait 1 year for the ufficio tecnico in S Vito to approve it, in theory with the new changes it should be now a bit quicker. Out of interest which estate agent are you dealing with?
We submitted plans to rebuild a garden shed to the Comune through a Geometra and the Comune said everything was OK. The Comune fined us almost two years later for starting work without waiting for their official permission.
Old Mar 29th 2019, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

That seems a bit sneaky. Thanks for the tip off I'll make sure we have any consent in writing . Caveat emptor an all that !
Old Mar 29th 2019, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Your lawyer or Geometra will know. The letters they send out are often incomprehensible to normal mortals.
Old Mar 29th 2019, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by philat98
We submitted plans to rebuild a garden shed to the Comune through a Geometra and the Comune said everything was OK. The Comune fined us almost two years later for starting work without waiting for their official permission.
not nice
Old Apr 9th 2019, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Margaret, we are back in San Vito again. We can meet any day his week for a coffee etc. If that is convenient for you..
Regards,
Richard.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RpWCiW
Hi Margaret, we are back in San Vito again. We can meet any day his week for a coffee etc. If that is convenient for you..
Regards,
Richard.
Friday morning would be good for me. I'll see if Clint wants to come along too. Any preferences on where to meet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.