British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Another Nubie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/another-nubie-660928/)

carol13 Mar 24th 2010 10:59 am

Another Nubie

Hello all,
I am in Puglia (I know, I know, it's rather a large area) and I am wondering if there is anyone here that I can chat with?
Sometimes, the Italian just gets to me. ugh. :blink:
thank you in advance!

davehornet6 Mar 24th 2010 11:57 am

Re: Another Nubie

Originally Posted by carol13 (Post 8444100)
Hello all,
I am in Puglia (I know, I know, it's rather a large area) and I am wondering if there is anyone here that I can chat with?
thank you in advance!

hi and welcome. i live in uk but am looking to move to Bologna area later this year. everyone here is very friendly and helpful. there are a few people in puglia i think that come on here. i havent been on much in the last coupe of weeks but plan to get on here more over the next few days.
how long have you lived there?

clint Mar 24th 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by carol13 (Post 8444100)
Hello all,
thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome we live outside Brindisi and I think there are another 4 members in Puglia

Patty Mar 24th 2010 9:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Carol - I'm way up north but we're always here for a chat when things get a bit too much for you :thumbup:

K in Modena Mar 25th 2010 9:52 am

Welcome, I'm up North too but my husband is from just over the border in Matera :)

carol13 Mar 25th 2010 7:52 pm

:D thank you ALL for your responses. You certainly know how to make someone feel welcome. I appreciate that! I am in Brindisi and find this place just absolutely dead!! Maybe it is me. Where is there an open pub with a happy hour?? :confused: I understand this is also a great place to moan about life here with others that can relate. THIS I appreciate as well.
Gee,,, where do we start??:rofl:

Lorna at Vicenza Mar 25th 2010 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by carol13 (Post 8448765)
:D thank you ALL for your responses. You certainly know how to make someone feel welcome. I appreciate that! I am in Brindisi and find this place just absolutely dead!! Maybe it is me. Where is there an open pub with a happy hour?? :confused: I understand this is also a great place to moan about life here with others that can relate. THIS I appreciate as well.
Gee,,, where do we start??:rofl:

Hi Carol and welcome from me too.
Does Brindisi pick up life wise during the summer?
You're right about the moaning - we all do that in the happy hour thread - it's been my turn particularly this week but feel free to join in whenever. We laugh in there too so it's not all depressing.

Hope you enjoy the forum and stick around.
Benvenuta.