Amalfi Coast?

Old May 22nd 2018, 7:00 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amalfi Coast?

Hello chaps,

Off to the Amalfi coast next week, alas only for 4 days. We will be staying in Minori but would like to get out and about to see as much as possible. Positano, Amalfi and Capri are all on my list. I'm guessing Sorrento may be a bit far to fit into 4 days.

Any advice to make the most of my 4 days most welcome....where to visit, best transport to get around (we won't have a car) and any other recommendations??.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amalfi Coast?

If you enjoy a bit of exercise there are some nice walks on the coast around Amalfi, Ravello and Positano. There is a spectacular walk"Sentiero degli dei" from Bomerano to Positano. A ferry trip along the coast is good between Amalfi and Sorrento. Sunflower do a good guide but a bit out of date.Walking in Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast Guidebook - Sunflower Books
Old May 22nd 2018, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

jenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Hello chaps,

Off to the Amalfi coast next week, alas only for 4 days. We will be staying in Minori but would like to get out and about to see as much as possible. Positano, Amalfi and Capri are all on my list. I'm guessing Sorrento may be a bit far to fit into 4 days.

Any advice to make the most of my 4 days most welcome....where to visit, best transport to get around (we won't have a car) and any other recommendations??.

Thanks in advance!
You probably already have a place to stay. If not, may I suggest Villa Lara in Amalfi? We stayed in this lovely hotel for a few days (after booking a flat on Airbnb in Positano that we had to leave because we could not manage the 500 steps (no joke) to the flat and then another 500 steps (1K total) down to the beach. The breakfast alone is worth it. Such nice people that run it too. I dream of this place and going back to it all the time. Have a great trip
Old May 22nd 2018, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

jenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond reputejenninedinburgh has a reputation beyond repute

Hello chaps,

Thanks in advance!
Also we had wonderful coffee and pastries at Sal De Riso in Minori - Yum!
Old May 23rd 2018, 9:39 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

philat - I love walking so will definitely do the walk you recommend to Positano.

So if I want to get to Sorrento the best bet is the ferry from Amalfi?

Does anyone know the best way to Amalfi from Minori- foot/bus/other?? Is Positano and Amalfi doable all in one day?
Old May 23rd 2018, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies.

philat - I love walking so will definitely do the walk you recommend to Positano.

Does anyone know the best way to Amalfi from Minori- foot/bus/other?? Is Positano and Amalfi doable all in one day?
There is a boat/ferry that runs periodically all day every day from Amalfi to Minori. We stayed at the hotel I referenced above and took the boat over to the beach on Minori. They also have numerous restaurants on the beach in Minori that we ate at.
Old May 23rd 2018, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

The bus that runs along the coast is quite slow because of all the bends and heavy traffic and can be crowded. http://www.sitabus.it/forums/topic/n...etable_orario/

.. Amalfi to Sorento is a nice trip on the ferry but not so relaxing on the bus. Ravello is well worth a visit and not too far from Minori.

Last edited by philat98; May 23rd 2018 at 12:50 pm.
Old May 23rd 2018, 5:56 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by jenninedinburgh
There is a boat/ferry that runs periodically all day every day from Amalfi to Minori. We stayed at the hotel I referenced above and took the boat over to the beach on Minori. They also have numerous restaurants on the beach in Minori that we ate at.
Originally Posted by philat98

The bus that runs along the coast is quite slow because of all the bends and heavy traffic and can be crowded. amalfi_maiori_salerno_timetable_orario - Sitabus.it

.. Amalfi to Sorento is a nice trip on the ferry but not so relaxing on the bus. Ravello is well worth a visit and not too far from Minori.
Thanks that's all really helpful. Will put Ravello on the list!

One other question, we are looking for a cheaper way of getting from Naples to Minori other than taxi, someone sent me the link to this bus route: https://www.pintourbus.com/it/prodot...o-amalfi-beta/ is anyone familiar with this bus route or used this service?
Old May 23rd 2018, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

You might just take the Sita bus to Salerno FS station and then the train to Naples.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 2:49 pm
Grace and gratitude

Thanks for the tips guys, just got back from a wonderful stay and tour of the Amalfi coast, Philat - thanks for the Ravello recommendation, we went and it was stunning!

Used the Pintor shuttle bus from Naples to Minori and back the other way to the airport on the way home, can thoroughly recommend it to others, it was cheap, and by Italian standards very relaible and on time!
Old Jun 6th 2018, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good to read you enjoyed your holiday. It is a beautiful place. Sardinia is worth a visit if you like the coast.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tips guys, just got back from a wonderful stay and tour of the Amalfi coast, Philat - thanks for the Ravello recommendation, we went and it was stunning!

Used the Pintor shuttle bus from Naples to Minori and back the other way to the airport on the way home, can thoroughly recommend it to others, it was cheap, and by Italian standards very relaible and on time!
So pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to my world. The Pinto service is one of no.2 son's bus companies he ran so well. (Sadly he left us on June 1st.)
Old Jun 7th 2018, 4:50 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by philat98
Good to read you enjoyed your holiday. It is a beautiful place. Sardinia is worth a visit if you like the coast.
We've done lots of Italy from Rome upwards, and always loved it, but never been south of Rome. Have to say found it quite different from northern Italy but the coastline is stunning and the people so warm and welcoming. I will definitely put Sardinia on my list of places to visit if it is anything like the Amalfi Coast.

Originally Posted by ononno
So pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to my world. The Pinto service is one of no.2 son's bus companies he ran so well. (Sadly he left us on June 1st.)
Do you live on the Amalfi coast, ononno? If so, I am very jealous!
Old Jun 8th 2018, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

We've done lots of Italy from Rome upwards, and always loved it, but never been south of Rome. Have to say found it quite different from northern Italy but the coastline is stunning and the people so warm and welcoming. I will definitely put Sardinia on my list of places to visit if it is anything like the Amalfi Coast.

Do you live on the Amalfi coast, ononno? If so, I am very jealous!
Yes, on a mountain overlooking both bays. Do come again soon,and I'll be able to chip in next time.