183 days

Old Apr 19th 2014, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

carolearly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 183 days

hi Guys

Can I ask a question please to all you knowledgable souls out there.
Am I right in my belief that if you are out of Italy for 183 days of the year, you are not liable to Italian taxes ? Also is this just in a normal year as in Jan - Jan etc ? I could have chance of a part time job for 3 months on and a few weeks off. As it is part time, I dont think I need to pay tax in Uk, because it is under the threshold of 10.500 per year. This could solve my homesickness, but still allow me to commute between the 2 countries until I decide. Thank God my husband is understanding...............
Thanks
Carol
Old Apr 19th 2014, 3:35 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 183 days

Originally Posted by carolearly
hi Guys

Can I ask a question please to all you knowledgable souls out there.
Am I right in my belief that if you are out of Italy for 183 days of the year, you are not liable to Italian taxes ? Also is this just in a normal year as in Jan - Jan etc ? I could have chance of a part time job for 3 months on and a few weeks off. As it is part time, I dont think I need to pay tax in Uk, because it is under the threshold of 10.500 per year. This could solve my homesickness, but still allow me to commute between the 2 countries until I decide. Thank God my husband is understanding...............
Thanks
Carol
If only it was a simple as that, Carol. The 183 days -Jan to Dec- is only one of the aspects that the AdE look at. They also take into account the centre of your life so having a family here would raise alarm bells. There are legal ways to work abroad and not pay taxes, but I don't think that anyone here is competent enough to give reliable information. A good UK account is what you need. Goodluck.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 183 days

Hi
I have copied this from the EU website and hope it gives you some guidance. The position depends a lot on where your life is centred and I think you would have to consult an Italian accountant to see what interpretation the Italian tax authorities put on this.

Which income will be taxed in Italy?
Live in Italy? You must pay tax on your worldwide income there.

(criteria are: you are in the Population Registry as having lived there for at least 183 consecutive days over a 12-month period or your life is centred there)

Live in Italy but less than 183 consecutive days over a 12-month period? You pay tax only on the income you earned in Italy.

Income from other EU countries? Check you never pay tax twice on the same income.

Please note I am not an expert.

Regards