International AutoSource - Expat car leasing, financing and all-inclusive rentals
 International Auto Source

Driving in the U.S. facts and figures.

Old May 10th 2019, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

International AutoSource is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving in the U.S. facts and figures.

Expats face many transportation challenges in the United States. Did you know that:

1.87.89% of people commute to work by driving due to the lack of public transportation.
2.The average household owns 2 cars, trucks or SUVs.
3.One in four households own 3 or more vehicles.
4.220 million adults spend 1.5 hours per day driving.
5.Americans drive an average of 17,600 minutes each year.
6.The U.S. has paved enough roads to circle the earth 150 times.

Do you have any questions about driving in the U.S. or how to get the vehicle you need? We’re here to help.

1 National Household Travel Survey, US Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Statistics 2&3 ABC News 4 Harvard Health Watch 5 www.aaa.com 6 Traffic School Online
Old May 11th 2019, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving in the U.S. facts and figures.

Do you have any questions about driving in the U.S. . . . ?
Yes, I have a question. Why do so many drivers in the U.S. seem to be incapable of paying attention to the road and steering in a straight line?
Old May 11th 2019, 3:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
Yes, I have a question. Why do so many drivers in the U.S. seem to be incapable of paying attention to the road and steering in a straight line?
Indeed! I have noticed a recurring news report over the past 16 years: "The driver ran off the road and either (i) hit a tree or (ii) over-corrected and came back onto the road, then either (i) drove into oncoming traffic, or (ii) drove off the other side of the road, .... and hit a tree."

The reason this is news-worthy is that the driver died. I have seen the same boiler-plate news report most weeks since I moved to NC in 2003.

I presume there are about ten non-fatal accidents for every fatal one.
​​​​​​
A former coworker who had been a cop in Florida comfired that the news reports in Florida are prrttg much the same but substituted "tree" with ditch/pond/creek/random body of water. The result however was the same.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 11th 2019 at 3:23 am.
Old May 11th 2019, 4:11 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I understand you market to new expats, but do you have deals for established expats, that would beat the latest local dealer offer?
Old May 13th 2019, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

sid nv Pulaski That is a very good question! I really wish I knew the answer to that.
Old May 13th 2019, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

RICH Thank you for your response! How long have you been in the U.S. for?