Web developers sponsored to Oz

Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:54 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Web developers sponsored to Oz

My missus has recently sold her UK web design company to an Australian one, here on the South Coast of NSW (couple of hours drive south of Sydney). She's finding it very hard to find quality developers to join the company and is considering sponsoring a couple of people.

So my question is this - would any UK based developers looking to move to Oz on a skilled visa consider living in this part of NSW, or is everyone hell-bent on living in Sydney or Melbourne? What sort of salary expectations would you have working in a web development environment - emphasis on PHP, accessible HTML/CSS and Flash ...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web developers sponsored to Oz

Take that as no then.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Hi - I'm not a web developer, but I am a freelance graphic designer if thats possibly any help?

Thanks, hope all is going well in oz
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:12 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Take that as no then.
Something tells me not too many people come into this forum... Best of luck in finding some people.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
Something tells me not too many people come into this forum... Best of luck in finding some people.
I know . . . if I was a web developer I'd snatch their hand off! Oh well . . . I better keep drawing
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Coppock
Hi - I'm not a web developer, but I am a freelance graphic designer if thats possibly any help?

Thanks, hope all is going well in oz
Actually - it is - but not in terms of sponsorship. PM your email address and I'll pass it on to my missus.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future

I need a job as web developers. I am experieced web developers. I am holding a PR visa subclas 136. I hope to find a job asap when visa is going to expired in 2008.
can anyone advise me.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:44 pm
Banned

nbasacco is an unknown quantity at this point

My missus has recently sold her UK web design company to an Australian one, here on the South Coast of NSW (couple of hours drive south of Sydney). She's finding it very hard to find quality developers to join the company and is considering sponsoring a couple of people.

So my question is this - would any UK based developers looking to move to Oz on a skilled visa consider living in this part of NSW, or is everyone hell-bent on living in Sydney or Melbourne? What sort of salary expectations would you have working in a web development environment - emphasis on PHP, accessible HTML/CSS and Flash ...

Hi ya, I am looking to get over to OZ but dont have enough points, I am a graphic designer experienced in both print and web development. Is your missus still looking for people?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:34 am
Confuzzled

Unfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura aboutUnfortunate Username has a spectacular aura about

Hiya, I'm an experienced web developer (mainly .net c#) currently based in Glasgow. To be honest I was thinking more of moving to New Zealand than Australia but I'm interested to know what sort of package you would be offering and the timescales you'd be looking at. Any chance you could get back to me with more details? I've lived in Australia before as a child and I definitely wouldn't be adverse to going back under the right circumstances.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

MiloTheGreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Web developers sponsored to Oz

Yep, I've started the visa application and RPL. I'm a c#.net developer since early beta. I'm mainly writing SOAP and distributed applications, but I can turn my hand to any part.

Can you send me details please..

Milo

Last edited by MiloTheGreat; Mar 26th 2008 at 1:03 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:32 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

No longer valid.

Thread closed