British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Information Technology (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/)
-   -   Web developers sponsored to Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/web-developers-sponsored-oz-493579/)

Hutch Nov 13th 2007 10:54 am

Web developers sponsored to Oz

My missus has recently sold her UK web design company to an Australian one, here on the South Coast of NSW (couple of hours drive south of Sydney). She's finding it very hard to find quality developers to join the company and is considering sponsoring a couple of people.

So my question is this - would any UK based developers looking to move to Oz on a skilled visa consider living in this part of NSW, or is everyone hell-bent on living in Sydney or Melbourne? What sort of salary expectations would you have working in a web development environment - emphasis on PHP, accessible HTML/CSS and Flash ... :)

Hutch Nov 18th 2007 10:06 am

Re: Web developers sponsored to Oz

Take that as no then. :lol:

Coppock Dec 13th 2007 1:50 pm

Hi - I'm not a web developer, but I am a freelance graphic designer if thats possibly any help?

Thanks, hope all is going well in oz :)

Maz Dec 18th 2007 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5569708)
Take that as no then. :lol:

Something tells me not too many people come into this forum... :( Best of luck in finding some people. :thumbup:

Coppock Dec 18th 2007 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5679845)
Something tells me not too many people come into this forum... :( Best of luck in finding some people. :thumbup:

I know . . . if I was a web developer I'd snatch their hand off! Oh well . . . I better keep drawing :p

Hutch Dec 18th 2007 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Coppock (Post 5664399)
Hi - I'm not a web developer, but I am a freelance graphic designer if thats possibly any help?

Thanks, hope all is going well in oz :)

Actually - it is - but not in terms of sponsorship. PM your email address and I'll pass it on to my missus. :)

cookiemonster Dec 28th 2007 12:50 am

I need a job as web developers. I am experieced web developers. I am holding a PR visa subclas 136. I hope to find a job asap when visa is going to expired in 2008.
can anyone advise me.

nbasacco Jan 16th 2008 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5549094)
My missus has recently sold her UK web design company to an Australian one, here on the South Coast of NSW (couple of hours drive south of Sydney). She's finding it very hard to find quality developers to join the company and is considering sponsoring a couple of people.

So my question is this - would any UK based developers looking to move to Oz on a skilled visa consider living in this part of NSW, or is everyone hell-bent on living in Sydney or Melbourne? What sort of salary expectations would you have working in a web development environment - emphasis on PHP, accessible HTML/CSS and Flash ... :)

Hi ya, I am looking to get over to OZ but dont have enough points, I am a graphic designer experienced in both print and web development. Is your missus still looking for people?

Unfortunate Username Jan 21st 2008 7:34 am

Hiya, I'm an experienced web developer (mainly .net c#) currently based in Glasgow. To be honest I was thinking more of moving to New Zealand than Australia but I'm interested to know what sort of package you would be offering and the timescales you'd be looking at. Any chance you could get back to me with more details? I've lived in Australia before as a child and I definitely wouldn't be adverse to going back under the right circumstances.

MiloTheGreat Mar 26th 2008 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5549094)

Yep, I've started the visa application and RPL. I'm a c#.net developer since early beta. I'm mainly writing SOAP and distributed applications, but I can turn my hand to any part.

Can you send me details please..

Milo

Sue Mar 30th 2008 12:32 am

No longer valid.

Thread closed