Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Telecom Professional for sale at negotiable price

Telecom Professional for sale at negotiable price

Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Jayendhar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telecom Professional for sale at negotiable price

Dear all,

This is Jai, a young telecom professional with 2.5 years experience who is facing constant flops for the past 2 years..I am an MS in telecom networks from Sydney and had worked with top corporates like Telstra and Hutchison telecom in Sydney.Unfortunately couldnt extend my visa and I had to come back to India with excellent aussie references...then wanted to try to UK as a working Holiday maker...That got rejected...I was adviced to try HSMP as I qualified for it...I did that through an English lawyer..that again failed...resulting in a debt of around 10,000 USD...Am working as a business analyst in Chennai,India...A real honest dedicated worker is me....will be highly grateful to you if some one could give me a break in my life..

Note: I have submitted my profile and accolades herewith

warm regards
Jai
91-9884164756
Attached Files
File Type: doc
jai-Telecom Sales.doc (80.0 KB, 479 views)
File Type: zip
jai-complete Transcripts.zip (2.28 MB, 80 views)
Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:13 pm
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all
Default Re: Telecom Professional for sale at negotiable price

Originally Posted by Jayendhar
Dear all,

This is Jai, a young telecom professional with 2.5 years experience who is facing constant flops for the past 2 years..I am an MS in telecom networks from Sydney and had worked with top corporates like Telstra and Hutchison telecom in Sydney.Unfortunately couldnt extend my visa and I had to come back to India with excellent aussie references...then wanted to try to UK as a working Holiday maker...That got rejected...I was adviced to try HSMP as I qualified for it...I did that through an English lawyer..that again failed...resulting in a debt of around 10,000 USD...Am working as a business analyst in Chennai,India...A real honest dedicated worker is me....will be highly grateful to you if some one could give me a break in my life..

warm regards
Jai
91-9884164756

Have you tried putting your CV on www.monster.co.uk?

My husband has very simliar experience etc to your self and he has been getting a huge amount of interest from agencies and employers through this website.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ignition is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Platty
Have you tried putting your CV on www.monster.co.uk?

My husband has very simliar experience etc to your self and he has been getting a huge amount of interest from agencies and employers through this website.
That would be me

The networking / telecomms industry in the UK is quite strong at the moment for the right people. Put your CV on Monster and that should get some attention.

There are several other search engines that I can recommend you try, such as:

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/
http://www.gisajob.co.uk/

I hope you get where you want to be
Old Feb 16th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ignition
That would be me

The networking / telecomms industry in the UK is quite strong at the moment for the right people. Put your CV on Monster and that should get some attention.

There are several other search engines that I can recommend you try, such as:

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/
http://www.gisajob.co.uk/

I hope you get where you want to be
In addition to those, I would suggest putting your CV on JobServe .
Old Mar 10th 2006, 2:23 am
Just Joined

David_LivingInCebu has a brilliant futureDavid_LivingInCebu has a brilliant futureDavid_LivingInCebu has a brilliant futureDavid_LivingInCebu has a brilliant futureDavid_LivingInCebu has a brilliant futureDavid_LivingInCebu has a brilliant future

Jai,

I am British and started in the Telecom Industry back in 1976 when I joined Cable & Wireless as Foreign Service (F1) Staff, having completed a 4 year Electronic Engineering Apprenticeship with the MOD before that.

There does not seem to be much Employer loyalty to their staff these days, even if you have worked for them over 10 years or more?

I never had problems finding jobs in the Telecom Industry in the UK. My last job was a Senior System Engineer working for an American company, with an office in Bracknell. I enjoyed working for that company - trips abroad, company car and decent salary (£35K back in 1996).

They offered me a promotion to Engineering Manager - Asia Pacific, based in Hong Kong, with a salary of US$80K + sales commission bonus of 20%+.

I took this job and it literally changed my life! I met a Filipina girlfriend and got a divorce for a start - not too much wrong with that from my viewpoint as far as happiness goes. Financially it was a bad move - should have waited till my daughter was at least 18!

The Telecom Recession is what really changed my life! For the first time in my life I had lost my job. The American company that had sent me out to Hong Kong, decided to close their Asia Pacific Regional Office down. All of us in that Hong Kong office lost our jobs due to the Telecom recession.

Jai, I dont suppose you can read and write Chinese - Putonghua (Mandarin)?

No I cant either, although I did start to learn to speak some Putonghua. It never progressed since we hired a Systems Engineer in Beijing, who naturally being Chinese could read, write and speak it fluently as well as being OK in English. His salary was 1/3 that of Hong Kong Chinese System Engineer!

I should have continued to learn Putonghua, regardless of the company decision. There are a lot of job opportunities in China in Telecomms if you can reasonably speak and understand Putonghua.

My advice is for you to learn Chinese! It will definately improve job prospects in the Telecomms industry, provided you dont mind working in China?

If it's a waste of my time applying for a job in the UK, what chance do you have? Sorry I dont mean to sound 'superior' here, it's just a statement of fact since there are many engineers who lost jobs during the telecom recession.

I looked at jobs in this industry during a visit to UK in April last year. Sure there were SOME job vaccancies that I was more than qualified for with over 30 years experience, but most of these were only offering pay of about £25,000 - some 30% less than I was getting paid back in 1976!

My other problem is I got used to being out of work, and living here in Cebu, Philippines - a tropical Paradise.

I guess I just opted out the Rat Race of trying to find another job. I went with early retirement instead!

I guess you are too young to consider this (I am 50, - how old are you)?

Sorry this posting is not a job offer, but I signed up with Monster Jobs and many others and was getting lots of job opportunities in Hong Kong and China - provided I was fluent speaking Mandarin (Putonghua).

Cheers
David Whittall - I. Eng MIEEE (retired)!

Originally Posted by Jayendhar
Dear all,

warm regards
Jai
91-9884164756