Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Tech Support - ACS Assessment help...

Tech Support - ACS Assessment help...

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

revvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tech Support - ACS Assessment help...

Hi guys
I am trying to complete the ACS Assessment form, hoping to follow that up with a Skill Migrations Visa.

I have a BTEC National Diploma in Information Technology Applications, and then almost ten years experience in Technical Support. 8 years of which in Investment Banking.

Will my extensive experience be evaluated alongside the Diploma? Or do I need to request a RPL?

I have been Team Leader for 2.5 years too... so if anybodys looking for someone with my skills - a firm job offer (albeit unlikely) would be a godsend!!!

Hoping to be in Brisbane/Sydney by Mid/Late 2008.

Any help appreciated guys.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:38 pm
MODL Pommie

sssstew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tech Support - ACS Assessment help...

Originally Posted by revvin
Hi guys
I am trying to complete the ACS Assessment form, hoping to follow that up with a Skill Migrations Visa.

I have a BTEC National Diploma in Information Technology Applications, and then almost ten years experience in Technical Support. 8 years of which in Investment Banking.

Will my extensive experience be evaluated alongside the Diploma? Or do I need to request a RPL?

I have been Team Leader for 2.5 years too... so if anybodys looking for someone with my skills - a firm job offer (albeit unlikely) would be a godsend!!!

You should be fine with the experience along side your diploma. I have a HND then 7 years experience, they discounted my first year first line tech support as not suitable but otherwise it seemed ok.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

revvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sssstew
You should be fine with the experience along side your diploma. I have a HND then 7 years experience, they discounted my first year first line tech support as not suitable but otherwise it seemed ok.
Brill thanks! Am working through the pre-requisites at the moment.... gathering certified copies of certificates and getting my employee references... All getting very exciting
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:50 pm
MODL Pommie

sssstew is an unknown quantity at this point

Brill thanks! Am working through the pre-requisites at the moment.... gathering certified copies of certificates and getting my employee references... All getting very exciting
oh tell me about it! it takes ages and ages doesnt it!

Best of luck with the whole process, make sure you provide every bit of information you can else they will only come back to you about it which will make the process even longer in my experience of my recent application, mine took 4 months as they requested more docs!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Where hubby works in Syndey (large multi national company) are looking for good strong it people, wintell, novell and something else server support (hey I'm not IT). What sort of money are you looking for and also it is shift work 2 days 7-7, 2 nights 7-7 then 4 days off, so you get 20% extra pay. But it does mean that you are rostered 365 days a year and you dont get bank hols off if you are rostered on. Hubby loves it as he spends more time at home. Anyway if you are interested in the future pm me and I will get hubby to write some further info.

Jo