Sydney software architect salaries

Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Sydney software architect salaries

OH is on the verge of accepting an offer in Sydney. He's a softward architect, last job here board level, with some pretty up to date skills. The agent is pushing it as being a really good offer - with super and "guaranteed bonus" it works out at $172k a year. That is a HUGE drop in salary for him and we need a reality check. It's not his only offer but it's the one he wants to take - all you IT people out there would you get out of bed for this?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:05 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sydney software architect salaries

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
OH is on the verge of accepting an offer in Sydney. He's a softward architect, last job here board level, with some pretty up to date skills. The agent is pushing it as being a really good offer - with super and "guaranteed bonus" it works out at $172k a year. That is a HUGE drop in salary for him and we need a reality check. It's not his only offer but it's the one he wants to take - all you IT people out there would you get out of bed for this?
this might help...
http://it.seek.com.au/career-resources/salary-centre/
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

I'd be very very suspect about a 'guaranteed bonus' unless it was accompanied by a water tight employment contract stating the bonus will be paid for X amount on X day and is not subject to any restrictions in compnay or employee performance.
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by hubbard
I'd be very very suspect about a 'guaranteed bonus' unless it was accompanied by a water tight employment contract stating the bonus will be paid for X amount on X day and is not subject to any restrictions in compnay or employee performance.
same here, my current job i negotiated 3% of my "guaranteed bonus" in to my base salary, that way i know it's safe
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:00 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious?

What the heck does he make in the UK? $172k AUD is $141k USD.... even if all leave were unpaid I'd take the job tomorrow!

Oh and please tell me what he does because I wanna do that too!
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Are you serious?

What the heck does he make in the UK? $172k AUD is $141k USD.... even if all leave were unpaid I'd take the job tomorrow!

Oh and please tell me what he does because I wanna do that too!
glad i'm not the only one thinking that SB... that's a serious wadge of money imo
Old May 4th 2007, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the responses. I did say this was about having a reality check He's a software architect (Java/J2EE sort of stuff - means nothing to me). London IT salaries are a lot higher than Sydney, that's just the reality.
Old May 4th 2007, 5:24 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses. I did say this was about having a reality check He's a software architect (Java/J2EE sort of stuff - means nothing to me). London IT salaries are a lot higher than Sydney, that's just the reality.
I do Java and J2EE.... I need to move to London!!!!