Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Microsoft Certified Netwok Administrator?

Microsoft Certified Netwok Administrator?

Old Mar 11th 2006, 12:12 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Microsoft Certified Netwok Administrator?

My hubby is doing this course at the moment, and has under a year to go.

We are expecting to be in Perth for June this year, which means he will still have about 6 months of the course to do.

The people who he does the course with say he can continue when he gets over to Oz, but I am worried that he will have difficulty finding a job without any experience under his belt...

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Microsoft Certified Netwok Administrator?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
My hubby is doing this course at the moment, and has under a year to go.

We are expecting to be in Perth for June this year, which means he will still have about 6 months of the course to do.

The people who he does the course with say he can continue when he gets over to Oz, but I am worried that he will have difficulty finding a job without any experience under his belt...

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...
Hi Tiawamutu

Is your hubby doing it by correspondence?

My hubby has done completed his Comptia A+ and is in the middle of his Comptia N+ for network administration. He then plans to go down the Cisco route to get certified.

He doesn't have any practical experience either so it would be interesting to keep in touch and see both of their experiences in trying to find work of that nature! We're in Queensland BTW so no competition there

Have you arrived yet?

Best wishes
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:49 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Microsoft Certified Netwok Administrator?

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hi Tiawamutu

Is your hubby doing it by correspondence?

My hubby has done completed his Comptia A+ and is in the middle of his Comptia N+ for network administration. He then plans to go down the Cisco route to get certified.

He doesn't have any practical experience either so it would be interesting to keep in touch and see both of their experiences in trying to find work of that nature! We're in Queensland BTW so no competition there

Have you arrived yet?

Best wishes
Yes he's doing it by correspondence, and it's the same one as your hubby. Chris was just about to start the N+ part and he received a letter today to say that the time limit on his his course agreement has expired!
He started it February 2004, and it was supposed to last 3 years, and he still has 9 payments to make to pay for it, so I don't know what the hell they are talking about!
They have said he can pay £100 to extend if by 6 months and £150 fofor2 months. It's all money money money, and god knows what at the end of it.
Has your hubby just transferred the course to Australia?
It would be good to keep in touch to see what happens.

We are not over there yet, and expect it will be in the next couple of months.