British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Information Technology (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/)
-   -   IT Market in ORACLE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/market-oracle-230128/)

grshakya May 12th 2004 6:26 am

IT Market in ORACLE

Hi Friends,
Is there enough job available for ORACLE programmer and if yes which is best place to look for.
with regards,
jitendra.

ecando May 12th 2004 4:03 pm

Re: IT Market in ORACLE

Originally posted by grshakya
Hi Friends,
Is there enough job available for ORACLE programmer and if yes which is best place to look for.
with regards,
jitendra.
oohhh there's lots! Try here

Good luck! :D

daveuk1965 May 13th 2004 7:18 am

Originally posted by ecando
oohhh there's lots! Try here

Good luck! :D
Well, news to me, I`m an ex senior Oracle database administrator, I`ve been out of work for three years, lost the LOT, sent out 25,000 applications and am "overqualified" for work in the UK.

Jtendra, sorry to say it but forget the UK / US - no one`s sponsoring work visa permits for Indians at the moment..... the situation is totally desperate and most of my former IT mates are driving buses or selling used cars at the moment. "IT meltdown".

ecando May 13th 2004 7:50 am

Originally posted by daveuk1965
Well, news to me, I`m an ex senior Oracle database administrator, I`ve been out of work for three years, lost the LOT, sent out 25,000 applications and am "overqualified" for work in the UK.

Jtendra, sorry to say it but forget the UK / US - no one`s sponsoring work visa permits for Indians at the moment..... the situation is totally desperate and most of my former IT mates are driving buses or selling used cars at the moment. "IT meltdown".
Sorry to hear that ... what are you reskilling as?? I have built small Oracle DBs in the past (THAT was :scared: ) as part of my LMS, so I really am in awe of the skills required to be an Oracle DBA...
:D

grshakya May 14th 2004 5:32 am

Friends ,
Thanks for your reply, for work permit what if i 'll get HSMP in UK. I think this Highly Skille Migration Program will help lot to get job in UK. I have arround 8 years of experience in oracle and developer.
jitendra.

Sorry to hear that ... what are you reskilling as?? I have built small Oracle DBs in the past (THAT was :scared: ) as part of my LMS, so I really am in awe of the skills required to be an Oracle DBA...

ecando May 14th 2004 6:18 am

Friends ,
Thanks for your reply, for work permit what if i 'll get HSMP in UK. I think this Highly Skille Migration Program will help lot to get job in UK. I have arround 8 years of experience in oracle and developer.
jitendra.
jitendra ...
I think you're asking abot the process of emigrating INTO the UK ... This forum is for those of use who want to get OUT of the UK!! :D

Sorry, but I think you need to find another forum to help you.

The UK government site is here .
GOOD LUCK!

grshakya May 14th 2004 10:16 am

But ecando, is that too bad to go to UK, to get oracle job ,i'm planning to go there , let me know if UK is bad country.
jitendra.

ecando May 14th 2004 9:12 pm

But ecando, is that too bad to go to UK, to get oracle job ,i'm planning to go there , let me know if UK is bad country.
jitendra.
Ahhh. NOT the best person to ask I'm afraid! This is predominently a forum for people who, for one reason or another LEAVING the UK.
The UK isn't a bad country ... I'm just choosing to leave it.

:)

daveuk1965 May 14th 2004 9:25 pm

jitendra.
Jitendra. No UK employer can take you on without a work permit. Without a work permit, they`d have to look around for three months, prove that there are no suitable local people in the area and then do all kinds of visa paperwork.

They just won`t do it. There are THOUSANDS of IT people out of a job here. If you can`t get the work permit, pay for yourself to get over here and also to get set up with accomodation - and this country is even more expensive than Japan - there`s no point you trying to look. Try Canada. Honestly.

daveuk1965 May 14th 2004 9:29 pm

Hi Ecando !

I`m not reskilling, to be honest - just got out of IT and so have most people I know here. ;-) This is the most difficult country in the world to get a new IT job in - we used to export IT workers to Europe in great numbers. In most Dutch IT departments a few years ago, most IT staff ..... were English . ;-)))))))

My particular problem (3 years unemployed) is that my previous salary chases me around. I`d be happy to work in a normal office job, but - I won`t get the chance, as I`m "overqualified". :D Luckily, I`m moving to the US in October to work for a friends` company selling aircraft spares. Honestly, the UK is in IT crisis at the moment - most parent companies are in the US, where budgets are controlled from - the Americans will sort themselves out before allowing most UK firms to take on UK staff.

The sound you just heard was the bubble bursting. ;-))))))))

dave66 Jan 23rd 2005 2:38 am

whats the oracle market like now for Oracle DBAs Dave ?