Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Mainframe COBOL, DB2, CICS Developer in Oz

Mainframe COBOL, DB2, CICS Developer in Oz

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:32 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold
Default Mainframe COBOL, DB2, CICS Developer in Oz

Are there any mainframe COBOL, DB2, CICS Developers in Australia who can tell me what the job opportunities are like ?

I'm curently living in London. I was made redundant from Norwich Union (Aviva Plc) after 16 years 1 year ago. The job market in London and Surrey is extremely challenging at the moment.

Fortunately I have a PR visa (validated last year) courtessy of my wife who is a hairdresser. We applied for it when the insurance company I originally worked for mergerd with NU. (The writing was on the wall for the IT site where I worked from that moment on.) We intend to go to Oz next year, 2006.

Any information/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan
Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mainframe COBOL, DB2, CICS Developer in Oz

Originally Posted by BAY
Are there any mainframe COBOL, DB2, CICS Developers in Australia who can tell me what the job opportunities are like ?

I'm curently living in London. I was made redundant from Norwich Union (Aviva Plc) after 16 years 1 year ago. The job market in London and Surrey is extremely challenging at the moment.

Fortunately I have a PR visa (validated last year) courtessy of my wife who is a hairdresser. We applied for it when the insurance company I originally worked for mergerd with NU. (The writing was on the wall for the IT site where I worked from that moment on.) We intend to go to Oz next year, 2006.

Any information/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan
I would concentrate on large financial organisations in Sydney or Melbourne. Most of these will have core mainframe systems that your skill set would match.

Market quite good here just now, and picking up, so the sooner you get here the better.