Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

IT jobs in Oz, New Zealand or Dubai

IT jobs in Oz, New Zealand or Dubai

Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:49 am
Just Joined

runnerpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT jobs in Oz, New Zealand or Dubai

At the min im in the early stages of planning a trip abroad. To be honest Im not really sure I want to go yet but the feet are getting itchy. A few places Im looking at are Oz, New Zealand and Dubai. I currently work as in a programming job for an insurance company and would like to get a similar job wherever I go but am going to be open minded depending on what may be available. I would also like to secure work in a place before I go out.

Has anybody got any experience of doing this or any info on how I should begin? Im not sure what the whole story is around visas(should I get one before looking for a job or will I have more chance of getting one if I have a job?)

Does anybody know anything about the availability of jobs in these places?

Is there anywhere else people would recommend looking for IT jobs?

I am 25 and as I said I am currently working as a programmer. I have two years testing experience and one year of programming. The programming includes Java, SQL, XML, rpg, HTML, JavaScript. I have experience of developing web services, aswell as microstrategy, AS400 and inter/intranet development. I have my CCNA and am working towards my CCNP. I am also a qualified teacher with 2 years teaching experience. Im not sure if thats of any use to anybody but may help when giving advice.

Any other info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice
Default Re: IT jobs in Oz, New Zealand or Dubai

Hi,

Suggest you search through the job websites for these countries to check on demand & salaries. Most of the ones for Oz do state you must have the relevant visa etc. I guess its the same for NZ
Permanenet resident visa's can take upto 1 year but there are temp visa's (Co. sponsered I think) or you could try a working holiday visa.

hope thats of some use.
SB