British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Information Technology (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/)
-   -   IT Jobs - Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/jobs-australia-316867/)

jo_west Jul 29th 2005 3:46 pm

IT Jobs

Anyone know of any good websites for IT recruitment, I arrive in Australia, Gold coast on the 23rd of September and I need to find a Job.

Thanks in advance

Jo

Stephen Jones Jul 30th 2005 2:55 pm

Re: IT Jobs

Originally Posted by jo_west
Anyone know of any good websites for IT recruitment, I arrive in Australia, Gold coast on the 23rd of September and I need to find a Job.

Thanks in advance

Jo

Jo,

Try this one:

www.seek.co.nz

they always have jobs in Australia (including Brisbane)

also...try searching on GOOgle FOR paxus.

jo_west Jul 31st 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks, I have now registered with these sites.

Jo

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
Jo,

Try this one:

www.seek.co.nz

they always have jobs in Australia (including Brisbane)

also...try searching on GOOgle FOR paxus.

gedge Jul 31st 2005 11:37 pm

Thanks in advance

Jo

I use the aussie version of seek > seek.com.au
and jobnet.com.au
I find most agencies advertise through one of these two. I'm sure there are plenty more. What sort of role are you looking for? I'm guessing that most It roles will be in Brisbane rather than the GC, but I could be wrong. I do keep an eye on Brisbane jobs just in case a beaut comes up, but I think I've only seen one role for me in the last 4 months.
Hope you can do better than me.
Good luck, Chris.

jo_west Aug 1st 2005 7:45 am

Thanks Chris,

I am currently a systems manager, but I will do anything for the 1st year or so, as my partner has to go back to college to enable him to do plumbing and carpentry. I was the same opinion as you, I thought I would have to go to Brisbane to find a job, but the gold coast has quite a lot of IT jobs.

Jo

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
I use the aussie version of seek > seek.com.au
and jobnet.com.au
I find most agencies advertise through one of these two. I'm sure there are plenty more. What sort of role are you looking for? I'm guessing that most It roles will be in Brisbane rather than the GC, but I could be wrong. I do keep an eye on Brisbane jobs just in case a beaut comes up, but I think I've only seen one role for me in the last 4 months.
Hope you can do better than me.
Good luck, Chris.

Stephen Jones Aug 1st 2005 6:06 pm

Thanks Chris,

I am currently a systems manager, but I will do anything for the 1st year or so, as my partner has to go back to college to enable him to do plumbing and carpentry. I was the same opinion as you, I thought I would have to go to Brisbane to find a job, but the gold coast has quite a lot of IT jobs.

Jo

Hi Jo

What line of computing are you in? and which site did you find the Gold Coast jobs on?

Steve

jo_west Aug 1st 2005 9:06 pm

Hi Steve

I am from a windows 2003, database administration background, also have done support. But I recieve emails from it.seek.com.au, and they contain jobs for the gold coast area.

Jo

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
Hi Jo

What line of computing are you in? and which site did you find the Gold Coast jobs on?

Steve

Stephen Jones Aug 2nd 2005 7:11 pm

Hi Steve

I am from a windows 2003, database administration background, also have done support. But I recieve emails from it.seek.com.au, and they contain jobs for the gold coast area.

Jo

Thanks Jo.
will change my tack methinks.

I am from an RPG/AS400 background and need to add one or two new strings to my bow..

Steve

jgombos Aug 26th 2005 1:48 am

Re: IT Jobs - Australia

I applied for a handful of jobs at the sites you folks mentioned above last year. I did not get a single response, presumebly because I'm not authorized to work there and need sponsorship.

Hope that helps someone.. don't bother trying to secure sponsorship in advance. It seems the supply of IT jobs there is high enough that companies don't need to foot the immigration bill.

ptlabs Aug 31st 2005 3:01 pm

Re: IT Jobs - Australia

Originally Posted by jgombos
I applied for a handful of jobs at the sites you folks mentioned above last year. I did not get a single response, presumebly because I'm not authorized to work there and need sponsorship.

Hope that helps someone.. don't bother trying to secure sponsorship in advance. It seems the supply of IT jobs there is high enough that companies don't need to foot the immigration bill.

Even when you do have PR, many (but not all) companies won't bother to interview you unless you are in Australia.

Peter