Does he need to do the asc test?

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Does he need to do the asc test?

We are thinking of applying for a 136 visa to come over to Brisbane. My husband is currently employed in London as a senior analyst/programmer. He has worked in the city for 8 years with various financial banks, etc and is currently employed in a back office role for a hedge fund. He has a degree in Science but decided to go down the IT route. Will he have to get his skills assessed to apply for a visa, or will the fact that he has been working for 8 years doing this type of job and that he has worked for some major banks be all he needs. Being a non IT nerd (as he calls me!) all i know is that he has used c,c# c++, SQL, .net and loads of others( please excuse my ignorance it's all mumbo jumbo to me ) Also are there many jobs going for this type of role?
Thanks for reading
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

ed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really nice
Default Re: Does he need to do the asc test?

Yes, all those IT skills are mumbo jumbo to the visa assessor aswell, that is why the ACS skills assessment is required.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

If his degree is non-IT then he will need to rely on his relevant work experience to obtain a skills assessment. There are different options requiring different years of experience.

Check the ACS website for details.
www.acs.org.au

Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:55 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
We are thinking of applying for a 136 visa to come over to Brisbane. My husband is currently employed in London as a senior analyst/programmer. He has worked in the city for 8 years with various financial banks, etc and is currently employed in a back office role for a hedge fund. He has a degree in Science but decided to go down the IT route. Will he have to get his skills assessed to apply for a visa, or will the fact that he has been working for 8 years doing this type of job and that he has worked for some major banks be all he needs. Being a non IT nerd (as he calls me!) all i know is that he has used c,c# c++, SQL, .net and loads of others( please excuse my ignorance it's all mumbo jumbo to me ) Also are there many jobs going for this type of role?
If your husband is the main applicant for your 136 visa, then the answer is yes, he has to go through the ACS, potentially through the RPL (recognition of prior learning) process.

Peter