British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Information Technology (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/)
-   -   Current Job market in Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/information-technology-78/current-job-market-australia-669929/)

rajan.bhayana May 27th 2010 8:15 am

Current Job market in Australia

as there really so many IT jobs in australia as i hear.
seek.com , mycareer.com , careerone.com is full of them
although if not more, half of them have to be fake. or is this number high?
and are migrants still facing issues while finding jobs in IT due to lack of local experience.

spottydog May 30th 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Current Job market in Australia

You will find some jobs are advertised by more than one agent, usually fairly easy to tell by the wording.

Getting a job without local experience is always a big hurdle as Australia like having local referees

RobertC May 31st 2010 5:09 am

Its really picking up here now, I got a query from an agency this week to see how I am and whether I'm looking for work and can they have my latest CV etc..
All seems normal there, but this was an agency that wouldn't even reply to me 12 months ago when I contacted them to try to find work.

Australia wide the number of IT job adverts on Seek has doubled in the last 5 months and it looks like it will continue upward for the forseeable future. I think that the 'local experience' requirement will diasppear as highly skilled people become increasingly difficult to find.

living_legend Aug 18th 2010 4:21 am

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 8600679)
Its really picking up here now, I got a query from an agency this week to see how I am and whether I'm looking for work and can they have my latest CV etc..
All seems normal there, but this was an agency that wouldn't even reply to me 12 months ago when I contacted them to try to find work.

Australia wide the number of IT job adverts on Seek has doubled in the last 5 months and it looks like it will continue upward for the forseeable future. I think that the 'local experience' requirement will diasppear as highly skilled people become increasingly difficult to find.

Such an inspiring post! I'm just thinking..you have any idea about the IT job market in South Australia. Specially for Java/J2EE

B1K3R Aug 18th 2010 9:12 am

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 8600679)

That's good news mate! ;) Will be in Cleveland soon and hopefully won't take long to get a job :D

Cheers
B!K3R