Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

Newbies please read this first

Newbies please read this first

Old Sep 22nd 2013, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newbies please read this first

Many of the of Newbies to this site will have found it is not well attended and questions and responses are slow. The principal reason is because it is geared towards Brits. There are other internet sites which give greater info, and are more exciting and geared for the younger crowd.....but it isn't all rock & roll...there are many ways to enjoy, whether shopping, people watching or getting a feeling of the Bali culture.... or just too tired and lay on a beach and snooze....and contemplate the past....it is available to all. This is the spiritual city
Many foreigners make their lives in Bali and they can be found more in the Kerobokan/Changgu areas. Some of the more of the senior types live and love Sanur. Thats where you will find pubs and all sorts of beer and premier league soccer and what is good for australian Sports and American games It is a good area to take a morning walk.
BUT, much of the country lies to the other north shores of Bali, the beaches of Lovina and the ability to share breakfast with dolphins that eat from your hand.
Lombok and the Gillis, offer party islands with no traffic but snorkeling abounds.
The eastern islands of Suluwasi; Timor; Ambon beauties all the way back thru to the Komodo island group { is unique in the world.}
I will attempt to volunteer to improve the content and hope we have more visitors and maybe we can help others to achieve a more enjoyable holiday.

I'll need help from those who have information...... and some wit and humor would not be amiss. I also guarantee that if we cannot find answers to questions it will not be for want of trying.

I'm not sure how others communicate, is there a button or do I have to offer my email?

Last edited by Davita; Sep 22nd 2013 at 10:50 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:24 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies please read this first

I've probably said it many times before but Forums are what you make them. You just need a few contributors to regularly start up some topics....then it comes up on google or the like....then other posters find it, and Bobs your uncle....then it really gets going. Takes a bit of time and effort though. Malaysia forum took some time to get going.

Davita, you're doing a terrific job on here Good on ya.