MasterCard in Indonesia

Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

MiniCruncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MasterCard in Indonesia

Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding paying in Indonesia. I'm travelling to Indonesia in October for a few weeks with a friend and I was wondering how common MasterCard is around there. I have a card from tuxedo prepaid and wanted to use it when travelling. Does anyone have any advice?

thanks very much!

MiniCruncher
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MasterCard in Indonesia

Mastercard and Visa are used all over Indonesia. I have MasterCard issued by HSBC and it's the only card I have. They are not so up to date as the west with PIN, so signing is common and Carrefour and Ace Hardware compare signatures.
I'm not familiar with Tuxedo but I suppose if it has a MasterCard logo then it should be OK.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

MiniCruncher is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. The tuxedo prepaid card has a MasterCard logo, so it should work, Thanks again
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't been to Indonesia for a few years so maybe things have changed, but if you go into the countryside there will be very limited card machines. In the tourist resorts and Jakarta, they are more common. Have a backup!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
I haven't been to Indonesia for a few years so maybe things have changed, but if you go into the countryside there will be very limited card machines. In the tourist resorts and Jakarta, they are more common. Have a backup!
Yes its a bit like Lancashire in that respect !!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MiniCruncher
Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding paying in Indonesia. I'm travelling to Indonesia in October for a few weeks with a friend and I was wondering how common MasterCard is around there. I have a card from tuxedo prepaid and wanted to use it when travelling. Does anyone have any advice?

thanks very much!

MiniCruncher
Mastercard and any major credit cards can be used in hotels, restaurants and department stores just like anywhere else in the world.

Often the big issue is how to get cash. In the tourist areas you will be spoilt for choice with rows upon rows of ATM machines. In the cities and towns you will mainly find ATM machines on the top floor of shopping malls. Best to do a google search before you leave to find the most convenient ATMs.