Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

How to start Business in Indonesia

How to start Business in Indonesia

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to start Business in Indonesia

[QUOTE=Cpt_Jack;11092986]
As for the name... haha, well, no connection to him but it is aviation connected. I used to be in the Air Cadets at one of their VGS's and wore my RAF issue greatcoat as I couldn't stand the cold on the airfield.QUOTE]

So I take it you flew gliders ..there wouldn't be any heaters in those...but the adrenaline must have stimulated the blood flow!!!

I served the RAF for 22 years as boy and officer for the Queen. Trained as a Trenchard Brat at Halton, did a PPL course, but quickly converted to Flight Engineer on Hastings/VC10s then resigned to do the same for Cathay Pacific for a total of 16 years on B707, L1011, and the last 10 on B747..... then early-retirement and immigration to Canada.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone contemplating doing some business in Indonesia but hesitant...there may be a good investment strategy to just buy RI Rupiah until an opportunity for other investments present themselves.

The Rupiah (Rp or IDR) suffered just over 20% loss against the USD last year...the Bank of Indonesia has strengthened this a little by hiking the interest rate to 7.5% and it has become more stable.

Lloyds International predict the Rp to gain over the next year....http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...east-asia.html

I have followed thru' myself and bought a considerable amount of cheap Rp and put on fixed deposits. Of course, I live in Indonesia so am not vulnerable to a downturn as, overtime, I'll have to spend in Rp anyway.

Anyway....food for thought.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 3:22 am
Just Joined

gerronimo is an unknown quantity at this point

re post Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:38 pm
Many thanks Rechter for all useful info. I have been to bekasi......The resto on top level Carrrefour,,,does excellent seafoods....esp the one with the flat rice noodle lol. Sorry, havent been on this for ages. Re the Kitas....fee......on top of your processing fee.....is there a local government tax....of about 1200$......also necessary medical insurance.? ...etc bringing total costs to about 20 juta. I hear in Bali, many buleh make a good living, property speculating, using Kitas. How about to open a theraputic Spa, its my interest, to rent.....but still need 300,000 to invest? Cheers! G
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

rechter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gerronimo
re post Old Jan 21st 2014, 7:38 pm
Many thanks Rechter for all useful info. I have been to bekasi......The resto on top level Carrrefour,,,does excellent seafoods....esp the one with the flat rice noodle lol. Sorry, havent been on this for ages. Re the Kitas....fee......on top of your processing fee.....is there a local government tax....of about 1200$......also necessary medical insurance.? ...etc bringing total costs to about 20 juta. I hear in Bali, many buleh make a good living, property speculating, using Kitas. How about to open a theraputic Spa, its my interest, to rent.....but still need 300,000 to invest? Cheers! G
unfortunately, to discussing my business, i can not reply here but i will pm you.

generally, to having a business in bali or bekasi or any city in indonesia there are some differences about the legal permit, because every city in indonesia have their own local law of permits.

that is good if you want to open a theraputic spa, about the 300,000 paid up capital as long as you have a planning to investing your money to build a business that is no problem, but remember that if you want to build a spa then you need a local shareholders on it, because as long as i know, there is only "consultant" that allowed 100% foreigner investment.

yeah, maybe you can contact me just to discuss about it. we can just hangout and talk about it.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Rich!
ok, I understand about discussion here.
Youre comment about different cities different rules, seems to support what I hear also, as some regions are trying to attract business, so there are financial incentives...ie less taxes.
300 000x4........alot to invest!
Unfortunately I am out of Indo for some time, got burnt badly, so need to make some money at home before i am back, I hope to connect with you later in the year, further east- as mentioned, hope u go there.
Many thanks, G!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rich!
ok, I understand about discussion here.
Youre comment about different cities different rules, seems to support what I hear also, as some regions are trying to attract business, so there are financial incentives...ie less taxes.
300 000x4........alot to invest!
Unfortunately I am out of Indo for some time, got burnt badly, so need to make some money at home before i am back, I hope to connect with you later in the year, further east- as mentioned, hope u go there.
Many thanks, G!
what do you mean by 300.000 x 4 ?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

from your thread posted 21 Jan: misinterpretation?

1. the paid up capital is 300.000 us$ this is 25% of the minimum capital that allowed by indonesia government, based on law of indonesia investment board of course. And i think this is just in case that the government make sure the investors from abroad can doing business in indonesia with that paid up capital so the investors look a like indeed to doing business in indonesia.

G
Old Feb 6th 2014, 1:23 am
Just Joined

from your thread posted 21 Jan: misinterpretation?

1. the paid up capital is 300.000 us$ this is 25% of the minimum capital that allowed by indonesia government, based on law of indonesia investment board of course. And i think this is just in case that the government make sure the investors from abroad can doing business in indonesia with that paid up capital so the investors look a like indeed to doing business in indonesia.

G
no 300.000 paid up capital is true, but next you wrote " x4 " that is i don't understand
Old Feb 6th 2014, 3:30 am
Just Joined

maybe a language barrier:
300,000 =25%....therefore
1200,000= 100%...ie 300,000x4.

as interpreted from your post, Jan. 21st, point 1.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

yeah that is the law says.

but in the field, if you don't meet the paid up capital. you can still open your business in indonesia, or you can establish a branch business or something like that.