Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

funky wardrobe door handles in bali

funky wardrobe door handles in bali

Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

budda1 will become famous soon enough
Default funky wardrobe door handles in bali

am looking for funky wardrobe door handles, does anyone know of any good shop to look for these in Bali, I will be staying in Ubud, Bali. thank you
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Laurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really nice
Default Re: funky wardrobe door handles in bali

I cant think of anywhere offhand but if you let me know a bit more ie what are they made of I'll ask around. Its Nyepi (day of silence) on Friday so peeps are busy atm making their Ogoh Ogoh.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:10 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laurie and Sue
Its Nyepi (day of silence)
I don't know what it is, and cannot be a$$ed to google, but Day of Silence sounds nice. I'd like one of those.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Laurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really niceLaurie and Sue is just really nice

hi BB.
It's an annual Balinese ceremony where they make these big Ogoh Ogoh's (like massive guy fawkes statues) and they parade them around the streets making lots of noise in order to frighten the evil spirits away. Then everyone has to hide away with no noise or lights on for 24 hours so that when the evil spirits fly over Bali again they think the island is deserted. Peeps are not allowed to go out into the streets, have lights on or make any noise whatsoever. No flights in or out of Bali on that day. Here's a pic so you can see what I mean.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laurie n Sue and bakedbean

No need to be alarmed folks....(the devil ) davita left Bali on Lion Air at 1:00pm today...so relax......enjoy the silence on Friday.

I was in Bali over Nyepi a couple of years ago...must confess...I nearly... well almost nearly....got religion! It is an incredible experience. I only hope the weather is kinder than past Saturday. We were in an open restaurant in Seminyak when the 'devil storm' started...the scare made me order another drink!!!
L&S....have you guys tried Storm or Bintang beer with a dash of Arak?

btw we bought a villa in Umulas near Seminyak, Bali..... so I guess my MM2H plan will be put aside as Bali seems to beckon us more than Penang did.

Last edited by Davita; Mar 20th 2012 at 3:55 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

It's been raining very heavily all day, don't know where its coming from. After the cyclone came last Saturday evening we were without electricity for 4 hours.

We live in Sanur Davita very close the the hotel where the Indonesian police shot and killed the 5 suspected terrorists last Sunday night.

I'm not a big beer drinker, prefer champagne myself (so don't drink much lol). DH sometimes has a Bintang but never touches Arak as there have been too many deaths from that stuff...it's lethal.

Umulas is a very nice area to live, close to Seminyak and all the lovely restaurants.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

The weather, indeed!....we took off from Bali in a rain storm. I was glad to recall that some Lion Air pilots use drugs to relax.... otherwise they might have been as frightened as my wife...and she is an ex-B747 flight attendant.

The attack on the terrorist was hinted to me late Sunday. My in-law nephew is a senior police officer and he cancelled our dinner date.
I thought he was jipping out of the bill, which I planned paying anyway.... but the news on Monday exonerated him.
It must have been frightening for you to be so near to the action!

Re: power outage....the villa we just bought in Bumbak, Umalas is new and the contractor is still available for modifications.
Therefore, would you recommend I install an emergency genset? I went to Bangunan yesterday and saw they sell a 7kw petrol portable genset for a little over Rp 6,000,000...what do you think?

I'm amazed at the price of simple alcohol from the stores in Bali...never mind your champagne taste..... heck! it's expensive here in Jakarta but much more in Bali.
Also, I've just bought a new Avanza Veloz in Jakarta, delivery tomorrow, and it's Rp12,000,000 cheaper than what I saw on display in Carrefour concours in Bali just last week...wonder why?

Sorry to the OP to hijack...maybe my posts can be moved by a moderator.

Anyway, I saw lots of door handles in the Depo Bangunan in Denpasar but mainly modern, not funky...I suggest trying any of restorers of old furnishings, usually located at street level in Denpasar, perhaps they may have antique handles that might be considered funky.....don't know much about Ubud except love visiting and eating ribs in that 'funky' restaurant on a hill, run by some 'bule' from USA, or so I was told..

Last edited by Davita; Mar 20th 2012 at 5:40 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 10:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davita
The weather, indeed!....
Nice n sunny in Penang