Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

Domicile Letter for Incorporation of PMA

Domicile Letter for Incorporation of PMA

Old Mar 25th 2014, 4:19 am
Just Joined

gryffindor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Domicile Letter for Incorporation of PMA

Hi,

Do you guys know any reasonably priced provider of "virtual offices"? I need an office address to submit the application for a PMA to the bkpm. However, most companies i found online charge 500,000 IDR for that. Just an address???? Considering the property market here, i think this is insane.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Domicile Letter for Incorporation of PMA

Hi gryffindor and welcome.
Sorry I don't know anything about renting a virtual office or what you are attempting...I thought people applying for a PT PMA would use an agent/notary as it can be complicated.

With regard to the 'property market' here...where is here?

btw are you sure that IDR500,000 is too expensive...that equates to USD 44 or GBP 26 or EU 32...doesn't sound like too much money for anything important.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gryffindor
Hi,

Do you guys know any reasonably priced provider of "virtual offices"? I need an office address to submit the application for a PMA to the bkpm. However, most companies i found online charge 500,000 IDR for that. Just an address???? Considering the property market here, i think this is insane.
Do you mean insanely cheap ? How long do you get to use that virtual address for ?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Davita
Hi gryffindor and welcome.
Sorry I don't know anything about renting a virtual office or what you are attempting...I thought people applying for a PT PMA would use an agent/notary as it can be complicated.

With regard to the 'property market' here...where is here?

btw are you sure that IDR500,000 is too expensive...that equates to USD 44 or GBP 26 or EU 32...doesn't sound like too much money for anything important.
Yes, I'll be using a notary or agent. But a "registered local address" for the office is required. GBP 26 is way too expensive. I've started companies in Singapore and it costs about the same there. But that's Singapore which has the most expensive real estate on the planet. Indonesia charging the same amount as Singapore.... I can't help but feel being ripped off.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hong_konger
Do you mean insanely cheap ? How long do you get to use that virtual address for ?
I'm not sure what's insanely cheap..but I guess something substantially less than 550,000 IDR. I plan to use it for a year or so...
Old Mar 27th 2014, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest your best shot is to ask the notary or agent what is appropriate for the purpose of establishing a PMA. I know some people that have business in Indonesia, but none that use a 'virtual' office.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gryffindor
Yes, I'll be using a notary or agent. But a "registered local address" for the office is required. GBP 26 is way too expensive. I've started companies in Singapore and it costs about the same there. But that's Singapore which has the most expensive real estate on the planet. Indonesia charging the same amount as Singapore.... I can't help but feel being ripped off.
I assume you are aware that to set up a PMA in the Republic of Indonesia requires a Company Capitalisation of USD1.2 million of which the Paid-Up Capital required is USD300,000.
In other words, Indonesia does not welcome a Foreign Investment (PMA) that is not in the interest of Indonesia.
IMO....This makes the price of Rp500,000 for a virtual address miniscule in comparison.